Author Topic: Not happy about forum registration.  (Read 937 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Not happy about forum registration.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 04:21:21 PM »
glacey, we did not write the bulletin board software, nor the browsers that give a lot of folks a ton of grief when they try to change bulletin board ID's.

I am trying to come up with a workable solution.  If you do not care to wait for it, then just leave the board until it is ready.  We do not delete board accounts as it leaves a mess in the threads where a person has participated.

Jusr FYI.  I have been known as Skuzzy since before the DARPANET days.  I will not change it.

What do you mean "thier" research?  I work for HiTech Creations.  I am part of the "thier".
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 04:42:13 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »
...Hey Denholme!  Do I remember you years back in the free arenas setting up games with your super-uber Hurricane?  Maybe a different denholme.
You might be remembering me because I occasionally flew a Hurricane. However, my favorite planes were the Spitfire Mk. I and V.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 07:58:35 PM »

Jusr FYI.  I have been known as Skuzzy since before the DARPANET days.  I will not change it.

What do you mean "thier" research?  I work for HiTech Creations.  I am part of the "thier".

Now, that's funny.  :rofl

Oh, and DARPANET.......pre Internet as you know it.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline glacey

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 01:44:07 AM »
glacey, we did not write the bulletin board software, nor the browsers that give a lot of folks a ton of grief when they try to change bulletin board ID's.

I am trying to come up with a workable solution.  If you do not care to wait for it, then just leave the board until it is ready.  We do not delete board accounts as it leaves a mess in the threads where a person has participated.

OK. Got the picture. I'll 'jusr' have to accept it.  Always wise to run a spell check before rubbing someone's nose in a typo I feel.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 01:52:23 AM »
OK. Got the picture. I'll 'jusr' have to accept it.  Always wise to run a spell check before rubbing someone's nose in a typo I feel.

That isn't very nice, Skuzzy was not at all rude to you and has gone well out of her way to assist customers, even when the problems haven't been on their end.

How many software (in particular online gaming companies) would answer the phone and help you with a hardware issue on a new computer you are building?

I may pick on Skuzzy from time to time, but she is always there to help.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Online steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 03:51:43 AM »
 :furious Can i just stick my head in here for a sec, I've been involved in this game and bulletin boards for a good number of years now, and I feel I must say something here, first of all, the HTC customer service is second to none, and secondly, be nice to Skuzzy, he's trying to help you with something that must be so minor on his task list, i'm amazed he had time to reply.

This board has been migrated from a totally different flavour of BBS software to this SMF forum, and I can tell you, achieving that would have been a 3 or 4 day job (in the actual migration, let alone all the planning and testing that would have gone on), and you're complaining because they managed to keep your old (unused for years) account active, and you can't get back into it?.

My advice, hang out until Skuzzy has time to do the experimenting he needs to do so that users can manage their own accounts, OR, hop into the MA and get some kills, it really takes the edge off ;).

Skuzzy, if i can do anything to help the research along, let me know, i'm fairly "board-savvy"

Now, back to your usual programming... [/end rant]

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline glacey

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 06:29:56 AM »
I have said that now I am familiar with the situation I will accept it.  Please remember that over a period of a few weeks (and being unfamiliar with the BB's problems) I had twice tried to register under my new handle and had heard nothing except for a couple of emails that said my application was being considered. A simple email saying that as I was already registered it would not be possible for me to register twice would have saved me sending emails to support and posting here to find out what was happening! People tend to be much more forgiving if they are presented with all the facts,  whilst being kept in ignorance tends to wind one up.

I have no doubt Skuzzy is doing a great job. He certainly clarified the problem. Maybe his "What do you mean "thier" research?  I work for HiTech Creations.  I am part of the "thier"." was a mistake not a wind up in which case I apologise for my reaction.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 11:21:34 AM »
:furious Can i just stick my head in here for a sec, I've been involved in this game and bulletin boards for a good number of years now, and I feel I must say something here, first of all, the HTC customer service is second to none, and secondly, be nice to Skuzzy, she's trying to help you with something that must be so minor on his task list, i'm amazed she had time to reply.

fixed

1000th post, please don't let it be my last O exhaulted one.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 09:53:17 AM »
Forum complaints should go here.......
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php

Want to learn all of the forum's tools and tricks?
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=5.0

And if you don't mind me saying.....  If you don't clear all of your cookies all the time, you are dancing in dangerous areas.    And the cache, browser history...... Passwords?  You let your browser store your passwords?  YOU'RE NUTS!!!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.