Author Topic: Score calculations  (Read 381 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Score calculations
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:52:55 AM »
I had some question about score calculations that I can't find in any of the official material. So I'll ask here in the opes that someone knows. All questions refer to NON-perk points.

1. How is 'kills hit percentage' calculated?

2. what is the scoring formula for pilot kills? For example I know that landed kills score more points than non-landed kills but what exactly are the point values for each? Also, is it a progressive scale? Meaning does landing 4 kills earn twice as many points as landing 2 kills? Or does it earn 4 or 8 times as many points?

3. It looks as though Ditching does not count as a death for purposes of the kills to death ratio, I was wondering what constitutes a ditch? If I ditch in enemy territory and I am captured, does that then count as a death?

4. Does shooting a non-airborne plane on the runway scored as a kill and does it count towards the pilot's rank?

Thanks in advance to howmever answers
Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Score calculations
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »
Search the boards. This has been gone over a lot of times.

Keep in mind that rank means absolutely nothing in this game. Play it to have fun.

..... Welcome to Aces High !
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:44:06 PM »
I had some question about score calculations that I can't find in any of the official material. So I'll ask here in the opes that someone knows. All questions refer to NON-perk points.

1. How is 'kills hit percentage' calculated?

In fighter mode: % of rounds hitting enemy planes.
In attacker mode: % of rounds hitting planes, gvs and objects.

2. what is the scoring formula for pilot kills? For example I know that landed kills score more points than non-landed kills but what exactly are the point values for each? Also, is it a progressive scale? Meaning does landing 4 kills earn twice as many points as landing 2 kills? Or does it earn 4 or 8 times as many points?

"Kill Points" are largely damage points. You get 1 point per kill + points for any damage inflicted on the enemy plane. Thus you would get 1 point for a proxy kill, and you will get a lot more points for killing bombers (they absorb more damage) than fighters.
3. It looks as though Ditching does not count as a death for purposes of the kills to death ratio, I was wondering what constitutes a ditch? If I ditch in enemy territory and I am captured, does that then count as a death?

A ditch is when you get the "ditch" message ;) It's simply based on the closest base: If it's an enemy one, you will get captured, if it's a friendly one, you will get a ditch.
And a ditch is no death for K/D purposes, a "captured" is. (CV's are bases too, factories aren't).

For GV's it's a bit different, you can safely "land" even deep in enemy territory as long as no enemy is around.

4. Does shooting a non-airborne plane on the runway scored as a kill and does it count towards the pilot's rank?

No difference between killing planes on the ground or in the air. (Apart from a few more unfriendly comments on CH 200 perhaps)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:47:33 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 01:51:35 PM »
Lusche,
Thanks. You answered all my questions!  :aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »
Search the boards. This has been gone over a lot of times.

Keep in mind that rank means absolutely nothing in this game. Play it to have fun.

..... Welcome to Aces High !

Best answer you'll ever get!!!!  :aok

:salute

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 03:35:39 AM »

HELL yea!!!!   :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H