Author Topic: Film quality  (Read 267 times)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
Film quality
« on: June 16, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »
I record all my fights and I use Fraps as most do but when I convert to AVI to put on disk ( I watch while at work :D) the quality is very Grainy. I use Nero Vision is there something better or is my setting for frame rate and picture size have something to do with it.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: Film quality
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:58:29 PM »
I'm not familiar with Nero Vision, but what are the output settings you're using for the program?  Like resolution, bitrate, and .avi codec you're using (divx? etc)
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:19:25 PM »
Resolution is 720x480, bit rate 8000 kbits/s, aspect ratio 4:3, frame rate 29.97, and I'm doing it in Mpeg-2 DVD video compilable
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »
What other codec options do you have?  Those resolution settings should be fine and similar to DVD quality output.  Can you upload the file you imported somewhere so I can see 'how' grainy you're talkin?
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:46:48 PM »
I deleted it, but I'll try again.