Author Topic: Road trip to the Garber Facility 2001  (Read 317 times)

AG Sachsenberg

Road trip to the Garber Facility 2001
« on: April 29, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »
Anyone live close to DC and up for a road trip to the Garber Facility in Silver Springs Md?  I live about 2-3 hours from there and would love to go and revisit this place.  I might be able to get some strings pulled so we can go to the "Secret Building" ok its not secret but it is where all the German AC are kept.  Along with the archives they have there it would be well worth it.  If anyone is interested I would need to know for you have to get in touch with them 2 weeks prior to going there.    

------------------

[This message has been edited by AG Sachsenberg (edited 04-29-2001).]

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2001, 07:27:00 AM »
<punt>  The Garber facility if you all don't know is the National Air and Space Museum historical restoration facility.  

------------------

[This message has been edited by AG Sachsenberg (edited 04-30-2001).]

Mr. T

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2001, 01:21:00 PM »
I live about an hour from DC, and work in DC. I'd be willing to go, but to get more responses you really should post this in the General Discussion forum cuz I'm not sure how many people visit this particular area of the board. There's quite a few people that live in or around DC that play AH.
-SW
(AKSeaWulfe)

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2001, 08:58:00 AM »
<Punt>

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
FYI,

That facility is moving to Dulles.  Be quick as a good portion of the aircraft have already been crated and moved.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.