Author Topic: Got some possibly router/pc issues I can't iron out..  (Read 307 times)

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
Got some possibly router/pc issues I can't iron out..
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:26:32 PM »
For the past month or so, I've an issues where pages don't load or they'll load in the text only format (non-html)..  When I by-pass the router and go from my PC straight to the cable modem, the problem goes away, but there is a constant 2-3kbps outbound transmission which I can see in my software firewall, but it's not telling what it is..  I have scanned with every anti-malware application you could think off..  I've checked with several online scanners and they find nothing..  I cleared out my cache, did hard-reset on the router and re-installed the latest firmware, checked all my cables(have several systems connected as well as three connected via wireless)..  I've done absolutely everything I could think of and then some..  I've uploaded a logfile to several Hijackthis forums, but still waiting for responses..  The router is a Netgear WGR614 version5..  I've had it about 6 years and it has always worked great..  It's not happening on any of my other systems as far as I can tell..  One thing I notice is that the connection itself is always constant..  Even if I can't load a page on the internet, I'm still connected to AH or whatever game I'm playing and the connection doesn't drop out (however I can't load webpages or load text only version of webpages)..
So, I'm thinking it's some kind of browser issues maybe..  This seems to happen in Internet Explorer as well..  Tried disabling all browser add-ons as I read this may be a fix, but didn't work..
So, yeah..  I'm stumped on this one..  I read a few forums where this has happened to others and no one seems to have any other advice other than a reformat-reload..  I'm not quite prepared to do that at this moment..  There's gotta be a fix somewhere...  Anyone else experience this or have any info regarding this problem??  Thanks in advance...
Gotta go feed my kids' goat..
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: Got some possibly router/pc issues I can't iron out..
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »
Does your router have the latest firmware update?

Personally, I've never owned a good Netgear routing product, but thats me.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »
Does your router have the latest firmware update?

Personally, I've never owned a good Netgear routing product, but thats me.

Yeah..  I reinstalled the latest firmware when I did a hard-reset(little recessed button the back)..
No joy..

I'm not sure it's a router issue..  As I said, this doesn't seem to happen on any other system connected to the router via network cable or wireless..

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 07:49:44 PM »
Oh jeeze, why the heck did I put this in here?????

Can you lock this one, Skuzzy?  I started another one in a Hardware...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:51:40 PM by Anodizer »

80th FS "Headhunters"