Author Topic: Humble Attempt at a SAPP Landing  (Read 515 times)

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
Humble Attempt at a SAPP Landing
« on: July 09, 2009, 07:53:48 PM »
The following is a true story. No barnyard animals (sheep) were harmed in the making of this landing.

Having dispatched my latest prey, I suddenly had the uncontrollable urge to land!

I called on a nearby RAF Typhoon for immediate support.

The loss of my excess parts expedited my approach, but I was caught of guard by the sudden gain of speed. I needed to burn it off, and burn it off now. Despite the lack of elevators, I pulled the wheel with all my might! It sent the underside of my plane out in front! The increased drag helped to retard my excess speed.

BUT right then a barn jumped outta nowhere! With no time to spare I increased power on my functional starboard engine, and managed to only tap my right boom stump on the poor farmers roof.

It became evident that the farmer had recently plowed his field. This made it much too rough for a simple belly landing... I needed a softer landing on account of my back problems, and I needed it now. I noticed a hedgerow off my 1 o'clock and began maneuvering for that fantastic foliage.

At this point the I was confident that a landing would be possible. I set her down making sure that the left wing could be safely removed.

The same hedgerow that saved me earlier was now about seek it's revenge on me. Luckily, I was reminded of one of Guppy's famous landings. He actually found a gap in the hedgerow and safely maneuvered through it! I heeded this superb advice and replicated the maneuver.

Not on my watch you bush!

I was home free! Or was I... I was a sitting duck out on the ground. I needed a concealed parking spot, and I needed it now. Once again that valiant hedgerow offered it's services, this time in the form of shelter. I parked right inside that hedgerow, while at the same time making sure that my flames didn't hurt it's leaves.

In conclusion, I like to think that this was a fairly successful landing. Even if at no time was I inverted, nor did my port engine ever caught fire. Although the lack of flames on my port engine did make it possible to use that shady concealed parking spot.

Due to a shortage on propellers, the insurance company needed an "in-game screen shot" to verify that both propellers where in fact bent to an unusable position. By this time the starboard engine flame had subsided.

:salute
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:55:41 PM by cactuskooler »
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
Re: Humble Attempt at a SAPP Landing
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:42:52 PM »
NICE.

The typh pilot must have been thrilled.  :lol

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 08:43:34 PM »
nailed it :aok  I see Guppy has taught you one or two tricks
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:45:40 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 08:48:16 PM »
Unfortunately, the Russian judged scored a 4.5 for Technical Merit because you used the hanger to help propel your plane further than it would have naturally.  Though you did nail the Artistic Merit scores with a straight 5.0 score from all the judges.  It will be interesting to see if anyone in SAPP can top your Triple Indy Spin. 

I heard Mensa has been working on a 900 Backflip but is having some troubles keeping the plane centered due to his peg leg slipping off the rudder pedals.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »
He said "boom stump"
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 04:12:02 PM »
As a non-SAPP I still give it a big  :aok :aok
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 02:26:05 AM »
looked photo shopped to me  :rofl
frogs are people too

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 06:46:41 AM »
Looks to me that you still had to many parts and not damaged enough for SAPP standards.  Keep trying!
<S>
DuHasst
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."