Author Topic: Saitek X52 and the SST programming software  (Read 7427 times)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
Re: Saitek X52 and the SST programming software
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »
I tried SST..  When I upgraded to Saitek's drivers instead of the driver included with XP, several of the buttons on both stick and throttle were no longer present either in the calibration screen of XP or the set up in AH..
It was a pain in the arse to get rid of the drivers and I've been using the drivers included with XP since..

The only issue when I use the XP included drivers is that the LCD screen on the throttle doesn't light up, but the rest of the buttons do.. 

Mine too, but that's how you know that the X52 is working as a regular joystick and it will allow you to use every button even the scroll for the mouse. :aok
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 02:40:18 PM »
Just plug the USB directly into the Comp. USB port.

RGR that Bosco. I think I need a power USB Hub. Mine is plugged directy into the back of the PC. I have disabled all the "force feed-back" stuff in AH, I don't use the SST software(never installed it),unplugged ALL of the other USB devices (X52 is only thing plugged in), have latest and greatest drivers for X52 from Saitek web site downloaded and installed, according to Windows XP Home addition SP3 I have up to 500mA power resources available to my USB port and Windows reports 100mA required and used by X52 in that port.
I calibrate my X52 using Windows and re-calibrate in game before I ever start playing. I may play for 10 min and then lose cali in the joystick side only, throttle never goes out of cali. Then again, I may play for hours and hours straight and never have to re-cali at all. Usually it happens just as I engage in a hard pulling fight when the stick is moving around alot. And NO, the cable linking the throttle and joystick do not get moved around, always a tight connection. Sometimes I lose cali up to 10 times an hour, or even 10 times in 10 minutes. This is getting frustrating  :mad:. :mad: If a powered USB Hub doesn't fix this, I am taking the stick back to Best Buy and get it replaced, got a two year warranty  :D.
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 09:24:30 PM »
RGR that Bosco. I think I need a power USB Hub. Mine is plugged directy into the back of the PC. I have disabled all the "force feed-back" stuff in AH, I don't use the SST software(never installed it),unplugged ALL of the other USB devices (X52 is only thing plugged in), have latest and greatest drivers for X52 from Saitek web site downloaded and installed, according to Windows XP Home addition SP3 I have up to 500mA power resources available to my USB port and Windows reports 100mA required and used by X52 in that port.
I calibrate my X52 using Windows and re-calibrate in game before I ever start playing. I may play for 10 min and then lose cali in the joystick side only, throttle never goes out of cali. Then again, I may play for hours and hours straight and never have to re-cali at all. Usually it happens just as I engage in a hard pulling fight when the stick is moving around alot. And NO, the cable linking the throttle and joystick do not get moved around, always a tight connection. Sometimes I lose cali up to 10 times an hour, or even 10 times in 10 minutes. This is getting frustrating  :mad:. :mad: If a powered USB Hub doesn't fix this, I am taking the stick back to Best Buy and get it replaced, got a two year warranty  :D.

uninstall the drivers for the X52, you know when its done correctly when the multi function display on the throttle has no light. Then try it and see how different it is, I had the same problems and after uninstalling the X52 drivers I had no more problems.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 09:54:16 PM »
You just need the recalibration script. And a powered usb hub.

See this post I made about it
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,222438.0.html

Although windows may show enough power available it won't show power spikes. Problem is the stick draws a lot of power compared to other usb devices. The stick will simply over heat your  usb bus on the mother board. When that happens it starts spiking.

Just try the recal script. Read the post. I describe it fully.

The link to Saitek's site where the script used to be located is no longer working....Gooooo Saitek ....figures.

I uploaded the script here
Saitek recalibration script

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:00:40 PM by Agent360 »

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 07:02:57 AM »
You just need the recalibration script. And a powered usb hub.

See this post I made about it
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,222438.0.html

Although windows may show enough power available it won't show power spikes. Problem is the stick draws a lot of power compared to other usb devices. The stick will simply over heat your  usb bus on the mother board. When that happens it starts spiking.

Just try the recal script. Read the post. I describe it fully.

The link to Saitek's site where the script used to be located is no longer working....Gooooo Saitek ....figures.

I uploaded the script here
Saitek recalibration script

:salute Thanks Agent, I'll give it a try, kinda figured the powered USB hub was needed.
Thank you as well Cajunn, your comment as well as Agent360's has been the most helpful so far.  :salute Sirs.

I appologize for the post hijack, wasn't intentional.  :salute
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Neil Roche

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »
I also fly a Saitek X52 and have done so for the past year.
Initally I was using the level 5 software and had developed profiles for every plane, boat, or vehicle in AHII
Then came the level 6 upgrade, which eliminated the functionality of ALL my profiles unless I continued using the level 5 software.
So that's exactly what I did while I rewrote ALL my profiles into the level 6 software on another computer.
Once done I upgraded my flying computer to the level 6 software, and transfered all my level 6 profiles to it.
They ALL fly as well as they had in the old level 5.

Now as for the problem free level 6 SST and Drivers.
1. SST now has 3D view
2. Pinkie switch works fine if selected as a Button.
My Profiles are created with Saitek SST software: Ver 6 .6 .6 .9 , for use with the 6 .0 .4 .1 Drivers.
The Saitek Download files for these are:
SST software: SST_Software_32_6_6_6_9.exe.
Drivers:           SST_Software_32_6_6_6_9.exe.

I will will be happy to send my profiles to anyone who wishes

Email me at Roche22@Charter.net with your request

Herder