Author Topic: Shift F1  (Read 825 times)

Offline knucklebutt

• Zinc Member
Shift F1
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:55:10 PM »
Easy question I'm sure. Only two days in AH . Is there a difference between F1   and "Shift" F1. It appears from the "quick Reference" guide that they should allow different views.  I get the same view when I use either one.

Denis

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Shift F1
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 01:00:26 PM »
Easy question I'm sure. Only two days in AH . Is there a difference between F1   and "Shift" F1. It appears from the "quick Reference" guide that they should allow different views.  I get the same view when I use either one.
Denis

For the 3 "field of Views" in Aces High you toggle them as follows:

SHIFT F1 = Full  Range View
SHIFT F2 = Medium Range View
SHIFT F3 = Short Range View ( or Combat View )

now when in the tower, you can step outside of the tower by pressing  the F5 key........to get back in the tower press F1 key

to get the outside view when flying Bombers, or flying only in the TA or DA arenas you can use the F3 view, press F1 view to get back to the cockpit view

also in the Main Arenas and the AvsA arena.you can use F3 view in all planes/gv's/boats gunner positions while on the ground before and after take off.

F1 = cockpit view or inside the tower
F3 = outside of plane or outside view ( only works for bombers & gunner positions in main arenas when airborne ) works for all planes/positions when on the ground

F5= outside view ( or is how to get into CMEYE mode to check out the terrian, etc........ do a search for CMEYE mode, to find more indepth information )

hope this helps
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:03:42 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline knucklebutt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:04:19 PM »
I dont think I really conveyed the question properly:

when I use F-1  I get an "inside the cockpit view:  when I use "Shift F1" or Shift F2 or Shift F3 I get the same Cockpit view:  is that Correct ??

Denis

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 01:09:57 PM »
I dont think I really conveyed the question properly:

when I use F-1  I get an "inside the cockpit view:  when I use "Shift F1" or Shift F2 or Shift F3 I get the same Cockpit view:  is that Correct ??

Denis

yes that is correct, but your Field of view ( View Range ) becomes less with each different Shift F key.....

you should see for Shift F1 orange text in the text buffer saying Full Rnage or something similar

for Shift F2 you will see Medium Range in orange for Shift F3 you'll see Short Range in orange text......

what is happening is the game decreases what is rendered graphically......which will possibly help your framerate increase going from Shift F1 to Shift F2 or Shift F3

when you launch a plane to take off, you are in the "F1" view or cockpit view by default...... if you was to happen to move to say the F3 view while sitting on the runway you would press F1 to get back to the cockpit view.....

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline knucklebutt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »
O.K.  I got it:    Unfortunately Im still used to some of the "arcade Sims where you get a complete "outside" the cockpit view,  which I also felt was sorta unrealistic, I assumme AH does not have this view, "a good thing to me as everyone must stay in a "cockpit view. 

Thanks

Denis

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 01:26:14 PM »
knucklebutt have you tried to schedule a session with 1 of the trainers AH have very good ones?or checked there schedule for when there on in the TA?

Offline knucklebutt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »
Lazydog:       I dont need no stinking trainer !!!

actually I certainly will be doing that prior to bumbling into an on line area:  Just spending my first coupla days in the off line to at lest get a feel for whats going on before I'm   unleashed on a poor trainer.

Thanks

Denis

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 05:42:30 PM »
If ya see me on Knucklebutt, gimme a shout, and I'll play target for ya.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 10:09:53 AM »
Just don't Squeek and you'll be fine. :)
The day no hoes would fly......

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 08:32:41 PM »
Knuckle

Just an FYI,your 2 week free starts the moment you enter online play!

Fool around offline and get a feel for the game,there's even offline missions that you can run.

Then when your ready,log online and check out the Training Arena,then have fun!

:salute

Offline knucklebutt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 08:10:52 AM »
Great Advice Morfriend

actually doing that as we speak:  actually spent a couple of hours in a B-24 (which my Dad flew) learning to calibrate the bomb sight. What a neat deal, Other sims you just point the crosshairs  dont need to adjjust for wind/speed ect.  I love the detail.

Denis

Offline Jouster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 01:29:41 AM »
well knuckle, if your dad flew b-24's I don't think anyone needs to worry about you being a squeeker ( a term for a very young player) welcome aboard. If you stick with it, you will find aces high to be a game with a great amount of depth with a few different paths to success in game, but it's entertaining enough to keep some of us around for many years of playing. oh yeah, it's also full of one or two interesting people  :lol :lol :rock
Watching you get on my six with my dead cat like reflexes.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 10:02:08 AM »
If you see me in the training arena give me a holler. I'l be glad to be your target so you can get a better feel for your plane of choice. <S>
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)