Author Topic: A little advice please...  (Read 281 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
A little advice please...
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:54:04 PM »
I'm not having any real issues...my video card isn't on the higher end of the spectrum: EVGA Geforce 9500GT 512MB DDR2 128bit (should have thrown the extra $50 on a better card but I wasn't playing AH at the time)...so I get a few little hiccups once in a while...still 75 fps solid running 1024 textures and hires pak.

The thing is I'm running the Nvidia driver version 182.50 and I'm contemplating updating the driver...so far it's been rock solid but I know upgrade is inevitable.

Anyone have a similar card that might know what to expect from the newer drivers?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
Re: A little advice please...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 08:08:09 PM »
Running an even older NVidia 7300 GT (that's and AGP card  :eek: ) with driver version 190.38.   No trouble yet, but, I'm only flying offline.

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »
I was using same driver and have the up to date one now. Everything has been fine so far. Just remember to delete old and use a cleaner after that. Never write over old driver or you will be saying this new driver stinks,when infact it's because you overwrote the driver. If you don't know how research how to do it.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »
Just remember to delete old and use a cleaner after that. Never write over old driver or you will be saying this new driver stinks,when infact it's because you overwrote the driver. If you don't know how research how to do it.
Yeah kinda figured that...got the tools I need already installed. Just lookin to see if anyone has had any adverse effects.

Stalwart, you should try getting online...I have a 7300GT 512MB AGP in my old system and I'm getting a steady 70+ fps with just bump map terrain and show horizon...guess I'll update the driver on that card too...  :D
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 10:20:39 PM »
I was running a BFG 9500GT with the new driver until about 24 hours ago.  Things were running good, but the card just went poof.  So, now I'm trying to decide what to go with next.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder