Author Topic: Was I robbed of a kill?  (Read 702 times)

Offline Bradman

• Zinc Member
Was I robbed of a kill?
« on: October 21, 2009, 01:25:50 AM »
I've watched this film from all angles and I can't see where anyone else pinged the F4U. It starts around 2:30 mark. I did notice from the film that I had only jettisoned one tank. At the time I was wondering why it was flying a little weird. I did finally get rid of it just before getting shot down which is pretty much what happens every flight. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=78d4926505304fe82fb2ca15d7ea42d9e04e75f6e8ebb871

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Was I robbed of a kill?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 01:39:00 AM »
You weren't with the F4 the whole sortie.  Their whole sortie that is.  You never know what kind of damage it had before you got there.  I didn't watch the film but it sounds like he prob had some big damage before you got there.

I hate when that happens.   :(
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 01:47:10 AM »
Camshaft probably got the kill and looking at the film since he is the one that took the F4Us flaps off... you probably owe him a beer at least.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 08:08:56 AM »
You weren't with the F4 the whole sortie.  Their whole sortie that is.  You never know what kind of damage it had before you got there.  I didn't watch the film but it sounds like he prob had some big damage before you got there.

I hate when that happens.   :(

agreed. i've been in fights, where i've seriously fubared another con.......and for whatever reason he got off without me finishing him, only to see "you have shot down XXX" 3 or 4 minutes later.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 08:14:05 AM »
Funny you mention that Cap.

Shuffler was going around the LW arena the other night putting rounds into as many airplanes as he could but not killing them. Later, he'd be awarded the kill when someone finished it and he saved tons of ammo that way.

I was calling it the 'Black Spot' from the old pirate tales.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 08:46:28 AM »
Funny you mention that Cap.

Shuffler was going around the LW arena the other night putting rounds into as many airplanes as he could but not killing them. Later, he'd be awarded the kill when someone finished it and he saved tons of ammo that way.

I was calling it the 'Black Spot' from the old pirate tales.

lolol

that almost sounds like he was messing around, just to see how many planes he could tag, without killing them, or getting kilt...... :airplane: :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 09:23:34 AM »
No, he was looking to see how many he could get without using up much ammo.

It worked nicely and was very entertaining.   :cheers:
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »
  Happens all the time get used to it. I'm Dancing with a 190 at 400 on his six and some little squeaker from Texas comes in my line of fire and gets the kill as I'm forced to hold my fire to avoid a kill shot. After I had spent the time getting position.  :furious I will fly behind others as back up but will not engage thier prey unless they get into trouble.
  We all see the simpletons that insist on firing on a falling wreck getting the kill. The only one that should be fired on is those Jap Candles as they flame for 5 minutes.
  Some of our biggest enemies are on our own side.   :airplane:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 10:07:25 AM »
  Happens all the time get used to it. I'm Dancing with a 190 at 400 on his six and some little squeaker from Texas comes in my line of fire and gets the kill as I'm forced to hold my fire to avoid a kill shot. After I had spent the time getting position.  :furious I will fly behind others as back up but will not engage thier prey unless they get into trouble.
  We all see the simpletons that insist on firing on a falling wreck getting the kill. The only one that should be fired on is those Jap Candles as they flame for 5 minutes.
  Some of our biggest enemies are on our own side.   :airplane:

no, they donm't anymore.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »
lolol

that almost sounds like he was messing around, just to see how many planes he could tag, without killing them, or getting kilt...... :airplane: :neener:
Nope actually Soulyss was talking about how it seems when you blow up a seemingly undamaged plane that you only get an assist. I had noticed this too. I told him I was going to just tag the next bunch of planes and not actually shoot them down to see if there was a problem. Some of you might try it to check also. Mine was inconclusive as I end up fighting some and forget to monitor the text consistently. I'm thinking the new setup has some issues though.

I don't really care who gets the kill as long as it is on the side I am fighting for. That would be the green guys.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:29:13 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bradman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 12:37:16 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. Like Shuffler I don't care who gets the kill, I was just a little puzzled. Guess I owe camshaft a beer  :cheers: