Author Topic: Landing kills question  (Read 1350 times)

Offline FBGrave

• Zinc Member
Re: Landing kills question
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 11:39:51 AM »
What is this 'cross control' you all speak of ?
Don't go where the road don't go

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 12:19:26 PM »
What is this 'cross control' you all speak of ?

Crossing up the inputs of the ailerons and rudder, for instance left aileron with right rudder.  It causes the airplane to skid to one side and throw more of the plane into the slipstream which dramatically increases drag and slows you down.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 01:05:35 PM »
Yout dont even need to 'cross controls' because if you just hold rudder in a dive your plane will not compress (or at least not anywhere nearly as quick). The 'cross control' procedure is usually referred to as a 'slip' and is done by holding your nose up with elevator while using rudder and aileron in opposite directions. I would call 'cross control' a poor description of a slip.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 05:16:19 PM »
Yout dont even need to 'cross controls' because if you just hold rudder in a dive your plane will not compress (or at least not anywhere nearly as quick). The 'cross control' procedure is usually referred to as a 'slip' and is done by holding your nose up with elevator while using rudder and aileron in opposite directions. I would call 'cross control' a poor description of a slip.

Mm... Slip is anything outside of coordinated flight and can even be caused by crosswinds if uncorrected...  Crossing controls is to intentionally cause the aircraft to slip.  Crossing controls is a way to create slip, not a way to describe it.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 07:44:54 PM »
nose down to the deck and you wil be surprised how fast you can get a plane on the runway.
spoken like a true Corsair pilot. :D
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »
I was the guy at the skating rink who could never use the brakes on my roller skates, so I would simply crash into the wall. Works well in Aces High too.

"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »
There actually was a bug a long while ago where if you did something (type .ef?) at just the right moment while you were in the process of being killed, you'd land instead. Possibly ran into a new, rarer form.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 09:25:13 PM »
I was the guy at the skating rink who could never use the brakes on my roller skates, so I would simply crash into the wall. Works well in Aces High too.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)
TOEPICK!
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins