Author Topic: Carrier ground handling bug (still there!)  (Read 494 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Carrier ground handling bug (still there!)
« on: November 06, 2009, 11:30:07 PM »
The bug that causes instant death when you try to back up on the carrier is still there.  I used to think that it only happened if you didn't raise your tailhook, but apparently it happens with the tailhook up, too.  This bug has existed for a very, very long time, and it really gets in the way of FSO where towering out is not an option.  Thank you.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline 2AEvan

• Zinc Member
Re: Carrier ground handling bug (still there!)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:25:05 AM »
I have noticed the samething......    :cry

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »
Hmmmmm. interesting.  I back up on CV's constantly.....mostly in Ki84's though.  Never had an issue.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline A8Hunter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »
Same, try backup on CV and it's sure death. In my case it simply won't stop til it goes clear off the back.
Let me do nothing to bring shame or disgrace on my family, my comrades, my unit, my country. Let me conduct myself in such a manner that there is no dishonor. Let me not be wasted, but if I die, let me die like a soldier should.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 09:07:19 PM »
I land on CVs with P-51 and backup to the edge before launching again. Are you sure you pulled the hook up and when you throttled up to launch you proceeded smoothly past the point that the plane backs up? All it takes is one second hesitation with the hook out and your vaulting off the tail.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 04:26:37 AM »
I backed up a seafire and a f4u1 today and didn't have any trouble with it, I didn't realize you had to have the hook retracted though, am glad I caught that.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD