Author Topic: vacation in tennessee  (Read 614 times)

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Re: vacation in tennessee
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 09:48:46 AM »
Dragon, The American Museum of Science and Energy in Oak Ridge, where they developed the A bomb is pretty good. Probably about 1 hr drive from Pigeon Forge.

If you like basketball you might see if there's a UT men or women home game (Knoxville). The women games are just as fun as the men's. There's also the women basketball hall of fame but I've never been there.

The Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinberg is cool, especially if you have kids. Knoxville Zoo is pretty good for kids.

Check to see what's scheduled for the Tennessee Theatre in Knoxville, a great place to see a show. Bill Cosby and Brian Setzer Orchestra are coming some time in Dec. There's also a lot of plays I think.

For restaurants in Knoxville my favorites are
Tomato Head (Downtown old city, pizza)
Nama Sushi Bar (best sushi)
Crown and Goose (pub, downtown)
Long's drugstore (best place for lunch)
By the track bistro (best fancy place)
Calhoun's (BBQ, brew their own beer)

myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »
myelo,
Thanks for the suggestions.  We did the Ripley thing a few years ago, might do it again.
AMSE is now on the list.  :aok

I'm sure we will do the TN Museum of Aviation again.  Maybe see one fly this time  :pray

Gonna have to look into this one, even though it's like way out of our budget.  http://www.1800skyride.com/Planes/Warbirds/tennessee/tennessee-warbird-rides.html   :airplane:  :x

Calhoun's  :cheers:

Theatre doesn't have anything interesting going on.  :(

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »
Please turn in your Tennessee citizenship card at the nearest courtesy counter.

When you're under-aged and don't drink it's easy to get names mixed up sometimes.  :aok 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 03:26:52 PM »
When you're under-aged and don't drink it's easy to get names mixed up sometimes.  :aok 

OK. Give me 10 choruses of "Rocky Top" and we'll let it slide just this once.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 02:16:24 PM »
Never rule out the rentals at Cobbly Knob!  Back in the 70's and 80's many of the VP's of Proctor & Gamble bought land and build some huge houses on the mountainside and mountain top there--overlooking the far western side of the national park for rentals until they reetired there.  Most all have indoor/outdoor hot tubs--HUGE kitchens with islands, wood decks.  We used to go there every summer when we lived in NC for the beauty--reasonable price and reasonalble proximity to Gatlinburg, the national park, and Pidgeon Forge.