Author Topic: V first thoughts  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Re: V first thoughts
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 02:19:38 PM »
I prefer the original series.

Nowadays the only thing they can do better is the special effects (like galactica did) but the acting and storyline is just garbage compared to what they used to do back in the days.

Today its always ridiculously exagerated violence, hormone crazed sex, crappy plotline designed to lead to violence and sex with special effects on top of it.

the preview I saw of V just screamed of it being a ripoff of Earth: Final Conflict (gene roddenberry series) using the V plot.. ugh.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »
The V chick is uber hot.  One can only hope it will be successful and eventually make it to the theaters with a PG-13 rating...you know, for the uber hot v chick to lose the top.   :x

Better be R rated if we want it for more than a minute or two.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »
ya know, im 19 and the original v was better than this... for the first half of the 80s version they all thought that the visitors were awesome and then began to realize the problem... its annoying that we know from the start in this one what they really are...

i shouldn't go here, but i'll risk it.

re-watch the original V. then look back in past history.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 03:10:36 PM »
I prefer the original series.

Nowadays the only thing they can do better is the special effects (like galactica did) but the acting and storyline is just garbage compared to what they used to do back in the days.

Today its always ridiculously exagerated violence, hormone crazed sex, crappy plotline designed to lead to violence and sex with special effects on top of it.

the preview I saw of V just screamed of it being a ripoff of Earth: Final Conflict (gene roddenberry series) using the V plot.. ugh.

american actors suck anymore. not a single one can act their way out of a wet paper bag with a knife.

i've been watching a lot of bbca........dr who was a good remade series. torchwood was another. british actors just seem soo much more convincing in their roles.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 03:15:39 PM »
ive got this funny feeling that i misspoke about the storyline???
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 03:41:01 PM »
Loved the original but the new one seems like just a faint echo.  Nothing new and not as good.

The BBC is putting out some great Sci-Fi on a much smaller budget.  Not much good on American TV anymore.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 04:07:53 PM »
They are to enthralled with fricking "reality" tv.  I don't know about y'all but I watch tv to escape from reality.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 05:48:53 PM »
Loved the original but the new one seems like just a faint echo.  Nothing new and not as good.

The BBC is putting out some great Sci-Fi on a much smaller budget.  Not much good on American TV anymore.

If you get a chance, check out "Being Human" on BBC for a great storyline involving a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost trying to cohabitate amongst us. Very original writing, with a mix of drama and humor.  I caught the 1st season on BBC America one weekend and got hooked. 
==========

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 06:00:41 PM »
If you get a chance, check out "Being Human" on BBC for a great storyline involving a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost trying to cohabitate amongst us. Very original writing, with a mix of drama and humor.  I caught the 1st season on BBC America one weekend and got hooked. 

great show........... :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »
The chick from Firefly. :x Dang missed the show and I was watching TV. :headscratch:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 11:48:18 PM »
Watched it again last night. Was really entertaining.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 02:45:44 AM »
Old BSG > New BSG.  It tried to hard.

New BSG Season 1 and 2, was some of the best TV I've EVER seen.  It was an incredible space adventure.  After they were rescued from New Caprica in early Season 3, it turned from space adventure to space opera.  I think the series finished strong but most of season 3 was pure crap. 

As for V, it's pretty blase so far.