Author Topic: Separation of Film Editor vid settings from game  (Read 235 times)

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
Separation of Film Editor vid settings from game
« on: December 10, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »
Hello,

I would like to request in the wishlist that the Film Editor's video settings be separated from the game.

For instance, to play AH, I prefer a framerate of 45-60 fps for a smooth as possible in aiming and attempting to judge other aircraft. However, when filming, my framerate needs are much more flexible and even correctable through editing. This would allow people to possible experiment with settings such as AA, higher detail terrain, or higher self shadowing to make better quality videos, without affecting their ability to keep smooth framerates in the game itself. For instance, I play at 1920x1080 (1080p), but would likely work with the film editor at a lower resolution such as 1400x900 giving me more "headroom" for adding Anti-Aliasing and a better Self Shadow resolution to make films look better.

(hopefully I made sense with that explanation. =) )
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
Re: Separation of Film Editor vid settings from game
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
+1 I like this idea! :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 05:54:34 PM »
I'd also like some other settings from the game to show up in the editor, if we're separating them out!

tracers toggle
precision crosshair
screenshot function (built in)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 09:08:22 PM »
i think that all you have to do is change your vid settings in game before your editing session. I know that is a small 5 minute chore but still, less than the days or even months of a buggy film viewer while a new version is worked out. Just my two cents.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.