Author Topic: Battlefield Bad Company 2 trailer  (Read 338 times)

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
Battlefield Bad Company 2 trailer
« on: January 06, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExJTh8HOe6I&feature=player_embedded

I also watch a video on youtube about the making and some reviews from IGN and E3. This game looks amazing, like the other battlefield games you can blow out walls and stuff in the game, but in this one you can completely level entire buildings, and there is wayy more features, including customizable classes and new vehicals. Also the limited Edition is currently the exact same price as the regular editions, the diffrence is in Limited you get more add ons for multiplayer

Here is the page for the Limited Edition - http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73884
OEF 11-12

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 trailer
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 12:00:44 PM »
I hate EA, all they really try to seem to do is make the graphics as amazing as possible and don't care for any other aspect of the game, but the frostbite engine in Bad Company I truly loved! Too bad multiplayer won't ba anything like that trailer, it's just gonna be like every other Battlefield game with everyone running around by themselves, no teamwork at all, and everyone blaming everyone else about them dieing or losing the game.

Still, I'm kinda looking forward as to how the singleplayer campaign will come out.

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »
I hate EA, all they really try to seem to do is make the graphics as amazing as possible and don't care for any other aspect of the game, but the frostbite engine in Bad Company I truly loved! Too bad multiplayer won't ba anything like that trailer, it's just gonna be like every other Battlefield game with everyone running around by themselves, no teamwork at all, and everyone blaming everyone else about them dieing or losing the game.

Still, I'm kinda looking forward as to how the singleplayer campaign will come out.
yea, i was really impressed with the Bad Company 1 story so hopefully this will be good too
OEF 11-12

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 01:02:53 PM »
EA should stick with sports games and get the h e double el out of war games all together...especially first person shooters. What's really scary is that they are going to be the Microsoft of video gaming.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »

Who doesn't want good graphics?  BF2 doesn't have great ones (although they're not bad) yet the gameplay is outstanding.  And there most definitely is teamwork in it.  Anyone who tries to go Rambo in BF2 gets killed, quickly.  Someone who sticks with their squad has more fun altogether and stays alive more.

Also, BF2 is nice in that you don't have to listen to anyone else who wants to use a microphone to sound off about how everyone else is a cheater in it, as so often happens in Aces High.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »
Also, BF2 is nice in that you don't have to listen to anyone else who wants to use a microphone to sound off about how everyone else is a cheater in it, as so often happens in Aces High.
Funny thing is...almost everyone playing BF2 has an opengl hack with neon skins and an aimbot built in...unless you're on a console.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »
Who doesn't want good graphics?  BF2 doesn't have great ones (although they're not bad) yet the gameplay is outstanding.  And there most definitely is teamwork in it.  Anyone who tries to go Rambo in BF2 gets killed, quickly.  Someone who sticks with their squad has more fun altogether and stays alive more.

Good graphics are always a plus, but if I had a choice between a game with the ultimate graphics system but terrible gameplay and AI, or a game with somewhat terrible graphics but insanely fun gameplay and learning AI...I'd take the 2nd any day. When it comes to AI, very few companies are good at making them smart, let alone adjust to what the surrounds are, but IMO EA is at the very bottom of that poll. It seems like their AI system hasn't been updated since 1998 (with more than just one of their games). That's just me anyways, and that's why I like MW2 of BFBC2 (from what I've seen, game isn't out yet so that is a little unfair), BFBC2 has better graphics and nicer sounds, but MW2 has the gameplay factor, and better AI (not the best, but certainly not the worst AI)

Again, that's just my opinion.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 04:31:18 PM »
Funny thing is...almost everyone playing BF2 has an opengl hack with neon skins and an aimbot built in...unless you're on a console.

If you hang out in the well-respected servers with good admins you'll see maybe one hacker a week.  And he'll be banned pretty quickly - I saw one person hacking the other day, reported him on the forums, and he was banned on all the clan's servers within an hour.

Good graphics are always a plus, but if I had a choice between a game with the ultimate graphics system but terrible gameplay and AI, or a game with somewhat terrible graphics but insanely fun gameplay and learning AI...I'd take the 2nd any day. When it comes to AI, very few companies are good at making them smart, let alone adjust to what the surrounds are, but IMO EA is at the very bottom of that poll. It seems like their AI system hasn't been updated since 1998 (with more than just one of their games). That's just me anyways, and that's why I like MW2 of BFBC2 (from what I've seen, game isn't out yet so that is a little unfair), BFBC2 has better graphics and nicer sounds, but MW2 has the gameplay factor, and better AI (not the best, but certainly not the worst AI)

Again, that's just my opinion.

I definitely agree on the gameplay point, but I think the AI is somewhat irrelevant in BF2 - it is largely a multiplayer game after all.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
Unfortunately for Activision/IW the multiplayer on MW2 on the PC is one of the biggest jokes in gaming in the last 5 years.  Couple that with the large crowd of pissed off people that are going to leave MW2 for BFBC2 and it looks like the population of the game might be rather healthy.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »

I definitely agree on the gameplay point, but I think the AI is somewhat irrelevant in BF2 - it is largely a multiplayer game after all.

Ya, that's the only way to get around the question of how to make the perfect AI, to make an all multiplayer game. BF2 was pretty fun, but I just got tired of all the little bug, glitchers, and hackers. BF2 has a lot of potential but it just seems like it was a little rushed when released.

I really loved the Tactical Gamers servers. They were the only servers that you had to work with your squad or you were kicked.