Author Topic: Where did I go wrong?  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
Re: Where did I go wrong?
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »
Yes, sorry for not having recorded views... I switched to TrackIR a while back.

I get what both of you are saying - I believe my tendencies stem from frequently flying the G14 and K4 where there is usually no shortage of power... I think my fighting style is a bit biased too as I prefer not to get into nose-to-tail fights or lengthy rolling scissors where it takes a few revolutions to come around on the bandit's six... I get impatient and try reversing the turn to force a new merge and in the scissor I go hard for lead angles over the top. Believe it or not, the last bit has worked for me on many occasions but I agree, I lose my edge little by little. I'm gonna work to improve that bit.

I watched my film over with your suggestions FLS... I see my mistake as you pointed out. I believe it was a result of, as you said, running out of maneuvering speed.

Pervert - I wanted to mirror the merge but I failed to lean in as quickly as I should have, I tend to watch out my six view sometimes to see where the other guy turns and react to it... Guess I should make my mind up before we cross.  :)

Thanks fellas.

Cursed

Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: Where did I go wrong?
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »
I tend to watch out my six view sometimes to see where the other guy turns and react to it... Guess I should make my mind up before we cross.  :)

Thanks fellas.

Cursed

Cursed,

Common problem I run into often with students.  They wait to see what I am doing before they react to my merge. By the time their plane reacts I'm normally half way around my turn/immelman/sliceback/ what have ya.  When you cross your enemy's 3-9 line you should already have a plan of action and it should be in motion at that point.  The trick is not to give away your move to early or start it too late. 

:salute
BigRat

When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat