Author Topic: Help with tail number identification on a B25H.  (Read 827 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Help with tail number identification on a B25H.
« on: January 21, 2010, 01:53:55 AM »
OK this aircraft has been floating around in the skins forum for a while now so before you post anything read all of the thread first & it's links so you will understand what we have. I thought I would post it here as maybe some one who doesn't read the skins forum might see it here & know a solution.

What is needed is some one who has suggestions or answers & probably has some photographic expertise to find the answer. The info that is needed is right on the plane but with what limitations of those who have tried no one seems to be able to get the last few didgits for sure.I would like to solve this puzzle mainly so the family can know for sure what is the tail number & secondly it would make a cool skin for the game.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,272668.0.html

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: Help with tail number identification on a B25H.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 03:34:34 AM »
*bump*

I looked at the thread posted. Couldn't come up with anything though  :(
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 01:02:06 PM »
Thanks for trying. :aok

Offline RedTeck

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 08:48:01 PM »
Ok, lyric. You mention  "Theo Wright flew airplane "488" twice in early June, "480" twice, once in mid-June and once in early July, and "523" once in late June."   You've determined the 4th digit was a 5, pointing to 523. I didn't see it, but was there a time frame for the Tokyo Rose broadcast, maybe coinciding with the June combat flight of 523? Also, was Theo's squadron based on New Guinea in June, since "Ken Miller and...Theo were in the tent area and listening to the shortwave radio early one evening in New Guinea"? Does A0576 have any after-action reports? Do any mention a crew being in particularly close contact with any Japanese positions/ships, i.e. close enough for the noseart to be seen?
Ho's are like Speedos.
Nothing says you can't use it, but no one wants to see it.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 11:41:03 PM »
OK, lyric. You mention "Theo Wright flew airplane "488" twice in early June, "480" twice, once in mid-June and once in early July, and "523" once in late June."  You've determined the 4Th digit was a 5, pointing to 523. I didn't see it, but was there a time frame for the Tokyo Rose broadcast, maybe coinciding with the June combat flight of 523? Also, was Theo's squadron based on New Guinea in June, since "Ken Miller and...Theo were in the tent area and listening to the shortwave radio early one evening in New Guinea"? Does A0576 have any after-action reports? Do any mention a crew being in particularly close contact with any Japanese positions/ships, i.e. close enough for the noseart to be seen?
If I am following you correctly your referring to this link http://home.mchsi.com/~anderson.kevin/roy_powerhouse.html this site belongs to Mr Anderson the nephew of the pilot in Powerhouse I have no affiliation to this web site. The parts I have determined as the possible plane is in these photos that I was playing about with.

You have bought up some interesting issues & I will forward them on to Mr Anderson as it may be of some help thank you.

Offline RedTeck

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 03:48:23 PM »
Oh ok, sorry about the confusion,
Ho's are like Speedos.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 10:48:37 PM »
Sorry redteck the answer is no. Here is the reply I got Below.

The quick answer to RedTeck's questions is no, I can't find any additional information among the mission reports saved on the microfilm archive to further suggest the plane, or particular interaction with the Japanese on a mission.  Believe me, I've read the microfilm pages over and over.

Offline RedTeck

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 07:45:58 AM »
Oh well. With all he's done already, it would suck to hit a dead end.
Ho's are like Speedos.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 04:29:52 PM »
Oh well. With all he's done already, it would suck to hit a dead end.
Yes he certainly has done his home work & put up some great web sites on the B25H. That is the reason I posted it here on AHII some times a fresh set of eye's can come up with something no one else will see.