Author Topic: Dueling help  (Read 1442 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dueling help
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 05:55:37 PM »
And we sign up where?

I'll be starting a Dueling Bracket sign-up thread in the General Discussion forum on Saturday or Sunday.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »
I'll be starting a Dueling Bracket sign-up thread in the General Discussion forum on Saturday or Sunday.
:( cant make this one, I wont be bringing my equipment on leave, as to spend as much time with my family :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 12:12:07 AM »
[shameless hijack] Are you doing the same format as the previous two times? [/shameless hijack]
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »
[shameless hijack] Are you doing the same format as the previous two times? [/shameless hijack]

Most likely.  It's worked pretty good so far.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 01:11:06 AM »
maybe 5 rounds in semis and 10 in finals

:pray :D :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 01:12:29 AM »
Anybody out there willing to go do a little dueling?  

As you may know the third tri-annual dueling bracket sign-ups will begin soon and I need to work on my dueling merge in particular, and my one-on-one similar plane match-up flying in general.  I'm hoping with a little help on my merge and some luck in plane and player assignments that I might be able to make it past the first round this time :)  I've only been flying a very limited amount since August and need to shake some rust off.

I'd like to do this against one of the better sticks or anyone who can present a tough challenge in a duel merge.  I can be available about any time but evenings central (after 9:00 PM) work best.

Stop by the DA and see if there is any activity between 23-24.  If not, see if any of the pilots listed by junky are online.  If so, it's usually pretty easy to round everybody up and have some very fun fights.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 02:11:36 AM »
I'll da anytime, just pm me.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 11:55:26 PM »
Thanks Widowmakers.  That was fun and I'm pretty sure it helped me out.  Amazing after all these years I didn't know what I was doing wrong.

Thanks again and if any of you are up for it again I am.  Just PM me.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 07:41:56 AM »
I saw a big improvement at the end there.  You were managing and maintaining your Energy MUCH better.

Good stuff.

Would love to spend a bit more time in there w/ ya'.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 08:45:34 AM »
I saw a big improvement at the end there.  You were managing and maintaining your Energy MUCH better.

Good stuff.

Would love to spend a bit more time in there w/ ya'.

Lute, you are a good teacher.  Good at recognizing what I was doing wrong and giving me the info to get it right.

I can see I've also got some mapping work to do.  I don't have a HOTAS setup and have always used my num pad for views and my mouse wheel for throttle.  That means every time I have to use throttle or hit WEP I have to take my hands off the num pad and I momentarily lose views.  This in turn gets me lazy in terms of throttle and WEP use.  I'm so many years in I don't think I'll ever get used to using my hat for views but I'm going to map my WEP over to my stick which should help a little.  I've had it mapped to my mouse wheel click but that still leaves me with the hands off views issue.

Last night I was so buzy jumping around with my right hand and trying to remember everything that you said that I totally forgot I had a rudder.  I want to go again and work on rudder at the top of those obliques once I get my WEP re-mapped.

Thanks again.  That was great.

[EDIT]  Oops... I don't want to slight Sol who was the first to regognize my defficiency or Karaya who provided a lot of different looks for me while fighting.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:11:19 AM by BaldEagl »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »
YW bro.   We'll try and get in at least one more night in there.    :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC