Author Topic: Need opinions/views on All-Terrain or Mud Terrain Tire choices  (Read 1039 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Need opinions/views on All-Terrain or Mud Terrain Tire choices
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 12:52:32 PM »
I run BF Goodrich MK2's (Mud Terrains)

They are a good all around tire with just a little noise.

(Image removed from quote.)

+1

i always had good results using bfg's on my trucks......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 12:54:02 PM »
Shuff, that's what I linked to in my above post.... did you notice the price?  that is like 1/2 off from every other place I have searched....

my Pro Comps had no road noise at all, am wondering how much you mean by "just a little"?

edit: the price of the
BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2  37x12.50 17"

Manufacturer : BF Goodrich 

Size : 37x|12.5|17

Ply Rating : 8 Ply

Sidewall : RWL

Price: $-154.25 ea.

that's actually not a bad price for that tire dude.

did you check

www.tirerack.com?

they have pretty much anything you could want......and decent prices.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 01:28:39 PM »
Heya Cap,
the Owner of the Store I linked to, told me his "webmaster" messed up and he would not honor that price  ( which was listed on his website )

:furious :furious

I found the following online:
Kelly Safari's TSR  315/70/17  ( this is close in size/ht/wdth to the current 35x12.5 17" Pro Comps I have on my Truck )

for $174.00 each + shipping @ $26.71 per tire ( but I 'd still have to pay for mounting etc once that got here )

I am still looking....... right now I am open just to about anything in the All Terrain / Mud terrain / Extreme Terrain lines......

I am thinking of going to some Used auto Parts / Salvage yard places and seeing if I can find anything nearly new at a CHEAP price...

( I am limited on the income stuff )

I really hate to drop back to a lower Tire size, but just might have to this go around...... but will not go blow a 33x12.5 17" or a 295x70 R17"  size....

if I had the Luxury of choosing : it would be Pro Comp Xtremes or BF GoodRich KM2's ( followed closely in 3rd place by the BFG KO's )

edit: yep I have check tirerack and just about every other top 100 online wholesale tire places........
( my limited income comment means : NONE: I do not have any income since Sept of last year, and that was just for close to 30 days, I am awaiting my Disability to hopefully kick in )

my Truck is now my only vehicle I own these days, and being disabled isn't like I will be going places alot personally, the truck is sidelined waiting for me to get help with finishing the Brake overhaul on the drivers side, I done finished the FrontPassenger side new calipers/rotor/pads etc...and have the parts to do the Drivers side.......

last June of last year I installed a better differentialin the rearend and got rid of the "BROKE" open differential ..... and replaced all U-Joints thru out the entire Drive Train installing Beefier ones......

edit 2: if it wasn't for the dictatorship control of NC, I would not worry bout my current tires, but they will not pass inspection, so I can not get my tags renewed......... did not have that problem down in Florida........ the tires still have a little tread left but not enough according to the Inspection station.......

it sucks to have to ask to borrow a vehicle or ask for someone to give ou a ride anywhere....... ( even though I am not suppose to drive myself except only on limited basis........ right arm/shoulder hand  has nerve damage and goes dead , like hey man where did your arm go?  out of nowhere without any sign it is going to happen )......

sorry I am rambling.....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:52:33 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 02:00:22 PM »
Heya Cap,
the Owner of the Store I linked to, told me his "webmaster" messed up and he would not honor that price  ( which was listed on his website )

:furious :furious

I found the following online:
Kelly Safari's TSR  315/70/17  ( this is close in size/ht/wdth to the current 35x12.5 17" Pro Comps I have on my Truck )

for $174.00 each + shipping @ $26.71 per tire ( but I 'd still have to pay for mounting etc once that got here )

I am still looking....... right now I am open just to about anything in the All Terrain / Mud terrain / Extreme Terrain lines......

I am thinking of going to some Used auto Parts / Salvage yard places and seeing if I can find anything nearly new at a CHEAP price...

( I am limited on the income stuff )

I really hate to drop back to a lower Tire size, but just might have to this go around...... but will not go blow a 33x12.5 17" or a 295x70 R17"  size....

if I had the Luxury of choosing : it would be Pro Comp Xtremes or BF GoodRich KM2's ( followed closely in 3rd place by the BFG KO's )

edit: yep I have check tirerack and just about every other top 100 online wholesale tire places........
( my limited income comment means : NONE: I do not have any income since Sept of last year, and that was just for close to 30 days, I am awaiting my Disability to hopefully kick in )

my Truck is now my only vehicle I own these days, and being disabled isn't like I will be going places alot personally, the truck is sidelined waiting for me to get help with finishing the Brake overhaul on the drivers side, I done finished the FrontPassenger side new calipers/rotor/pads etc...and have the parts to do the Drivers side.......

last June of last year I installed a better differentialin the rearend and got rid of the "BROKE" open differential ..... and replaced all U-Joints thru out the entire Drive Train installing Beefier ones......

edit 2: if it wasn't for the dictatorship control of NC, I would not worry bout my current tires, but they will not pass inspection, so I can not get my tags renewed......... did not have that problem down in Florida........ the tires still have a little tread left but not enough according to the Inspection station.......

it sucks to have to ask to borrow a vehicle or ask for someone to give ou a ride anywhere....... ( even though I am not suppose to drive myself except only on limited basis........ right arm/shoulder hand  has nerve damage and goes dead , like hey man where did your arm go?  out of nowhere without any sign it is going to happen )......

sorry I am rambling.....

here's another possibility.....have you looked on craigslist?   i've found deals there in the past.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 02:06:51 PM »
hehe that was actually the first place I went to, and am checking it daily  :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 02:16:51 PM »
hehe that was actually the first place I went to, and am checking it daily  :aok

:rofl

wasn't sure.........a lot of people over look it.

also, if it's set up for you like it is here......nj is seperated into 4 sections......north, central, south, ans shore. when i look for thing, i need to look in each section to see the whole state....and then philly separate, since i'm only 20 minutes from there..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"