Author Topic: Text buffer  (Read 279 times)

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Text buffer
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:30:40 PM »
I know this is an old wish, but I hate bumping threads and persistence can sometimes lead to change. :D

So, wish:

Ability to either turn off or turn-down the transparency of the text buffer.  This would go along with being able to change the transparency of the Text buffer backing and Radio backing.

Reason:

Immersion.  I personally don't care about muting country/range and everything that typically comes with this wish, my reason is simply immersion.  I like to fly (or in other games race/FPS) with as little HUD as possible for realities sake.  Being able to turn off Text would be about the same as being able to turn off HUD, it would add to the experience, or so I personally think.  Seems rather unrealistic to be flying with text covering a corner of your view and it just looks out of place.

Possible Way it would be set-up:

Possibly have a check-box that allows it to reset to default only while in tower and return to settings when lifting off.  That way while in tower you can see any communications/text, yet have it go back to your settings when flying.  It would be completely optional and changeable at any time.
I've seen older threads where people use "Consider it part of the online experience", this is why it would be changeable at any time.  I talk to people in MW plenty so it's not about muting people.

I don't know anything about coading so I don't know how hard it would be, but if it is possible it certainly be nice some time in the future. :)
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Text buffer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:50:11 AM »
AFAIK you can turn down the radio and text buffer transparency allthe way.  The text is still there but there is no box.

And, IIRC, HTC has stated, RE perma-squelch anyway, that the game is about interaction with other players.  Hence the MMO thingy.

Otherwise, sure, why not.

No Check 6 for U.

:angel:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Text buffer
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 09:52:31 AM »
I'd like to at least be able to make the text smaller in that text box...sometimes it blocks the view of gauges.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett