Author Topic: Could Use Bf109 Tips  (Read 990 times)

Offline Tailspin

• Zinc Member
Could Use Bf109 Tips
« on: March 09, 2010, 06:26:11 AM »
I've flown the Bf109K-4, G-2, and F-4 briefly in the Main Arena and I'm getting pretty good in them, i could just use some tips to make me better.

Tailspin
~~Jagdgeschwader 1~~

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Could Use Bf109 Tips
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:02:36 AM »
Use the search function, and no I'm not being cheeky  :D there must the equivalent of about 100000 pages of a book written in threads about every facet of the 109 everything you need is there if you look for it, good luck  :salute

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »
Aye.  Just search and you'll find more than enough reading to keep your brain occupied.

Congrats on moving up in the world of cartoon airplanes.  ;)

Offline Tailspin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »
I searched and read some things on Bf109s, but still don't get some. I found Agent360's post on the 109 torque roll, but i still don't quite understand it. I did some of Agent360's exercises, but still don't know how it would be used in a fight, or which one is the real one to use.

I've also seen some good pilots out-turn a KI-84 (Me) in a Bf109G-14, and told me briefly how to do it, but again, don't understand it.

Thanks
~~Jagdgeschwader 1~~

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:43:37 PM »
Here is a list of some of the best bf109 pilots. Most of these guys would be more than willing to help as long as you express interest in learning.

1) Creaton
2) Agent360
3) Pervert
4) Grizz
5) Sunsfan

Although the 109 is not the main ride for the following sticks they are very good  at flying it and could help you
1) Warkat
2) Redd
3) Juggler
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 04:02:14 PM »
Here are the films that have been the most use to me while learning the 109. Agent360 did alot of work on these films and in the ones in the narrated folder he actually goes into detail as to what he is doing and why. A great resource.

I even applied some of the knowledge in these films and used them to beat Agent a few times myself in fights. Of course he was dealing with a wornout stick and large amount of alcohol intake when I beat him :cheers:  .

Anyway try these out, I am sure you will come away from these films a little better in the 109.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ijjdvtkgdd2/agent360  narrated.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmyz0qjgngz/agent360_films.zip

These were posted sometime ago but the search feature being sometimes a little difficult it was just easier to upload them from my computer.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
watch channel 200 in the ma for a da gathering starting up, usually a couple times a week a bunch of guys go in there and most of us fly 109s
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 09:25:43 PM »
I searched and read some things on Bf109s, but still don't get some. I found Agent360's post on the 109 torque roll, but i still don't quite understand it. I did some of Agent360's exercises, but still don't know how it would be used in a fight, or which one is the real one to use.

I've also seen some good pilots out-turn a KI-84 (Me) in a Bf109G-14, and told me briefly how to do it, but again, don't understand it.

Thanks

The goal of the exercises is to teach you how tho handle the 109 at stall speeds and to teach you how the tork effects the plane.

A lot of 109 reversals rely on stalling vertical moves. If you cant CONTROL the plane in a meaningful way at stall you will get shot.

Leading your opponent into a rolling scissors is a key move. Once you get into scissors controlling the plane at stall and rolling over is the first thing you have to learn.

By practicing the drills you will learn how the plane reacts at stall. If you don't learn this first none of the better players will be able to help you. When they try to show you something and you just flop around in the air like a mullet you just wont get anything out of it.

When I help rookies in the 109 I usually spend the whole time teaching them the drills. I just can't put the pieces of the puzzle to gether for them until they can control the plane properly when stalling.

Practice the drills.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 09:34:02 AM »
tork is a typo for a spined utensil which is used to spear foods from a plate and insert into the mouth for consumption.

"Torque" is a measurable force.

Offline Tailspin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »
Okay, thanks. It's all helped a lot, it'll just take a while to master the torque roll.  :salute

~~Jagdgeschwader 1~~