Author Topic: acer lcd monitor  (Read 373 times)

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
acer lcd monitor
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:09:52 PM »
I have an acer h233h monitor hooked with a dvi cable to a gtx 260 and in device manager under the monitor pane it says acer h233h (analog). I thought this should say digital? My resolution is set 1920x1080 in Nvidia control panel.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: acer lcd monitor
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »
What does your monitor say when u first turn it on / boot up your computer.  My Viewsonic will initially display a little message in the center of the monitor saying "Digital Video signal"
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:10:56 PM »
Says "No Signal" then shows normal startup stuff. The monitor works good and looks good, just curious why lists it as an analog monitor in Win7 device manager. Thanks
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 12:49:37 PM »
It's just an analog DVI connection is all...hi res analog DVI. You can't see the diff between DVI-D and DVI-A...I had the same concern and found a DVI-I cable that allows both types to be used...my Acer W223B shows as digital since I swapped the factory included DVI cable with the new one...but it will depend on the make/model.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »
Gyrene, thanks just the reply I was looking for as I too use the factory supplied cable. And it is good to know that I will see basically no difference between the two. Thanks again.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11