Author Topic: change planes in offline missions  (Read 1369 times)

Offline sonic1234

• Zinc Member
change planes in offline missions
« on: April 02, 2010, 03:52:30 PM »
 :airplane: I need to know how to change the planes in an offline mission. I am in a dogfight with the AI in a ki-84 and me in an F4F and they are tearing me to pieces :cry

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: change planes in offline missions
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:16:00 PM »
   You'll need the mission's .mis file.  Open it up in the M.E.  Click on the Ki's mission side to open it, click & open the Ki's Route, there you will see the Ki-84 flight at the bottom of all the route info.  Click on the KI84 to open up the flight properties box.  Select your new replacement plane.  File-Save and then File->Build res Library.  All done.  Really simple to do actually.  Once you do it once, you'll know how to do it for any mission (but you need the mission's .mis file to open it in the M.E.!).
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Nap

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:25:13 AM »
These instructions helped me immensely. Thank you Ranger!! The 1v1 works great and can change planes on both sides. Awesome!! This has made my day.    :banana:

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 10:21:24 AM »
Glad to hear it bro. :aok
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline sonic1234

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 12:30:38 PM »
   You'll need the mission's .mis file.  Open it up in the M.E.  Click on the Ki's mission side to open it, click & open the Ki's Route, there you will see the Ki-84 flight at the bottom of all the route info.  Click on the KI84 to open up the flight properties box.  Select your new replacement plane.  File-Save and then File->Build res Library.  All done.  Really simple to do actually.  Once you do it once, you'll know how to do it for any mission (but you need the mission's .mis file to open it in the M.E.!).

:x Thanks sooo much you are the best

Offline Sniff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 04:08:05 PM »
   You'll need the mission's .mis file.  Open it up in the M.E.  Click on the Ki's mission side to open it, click & open the Ki's Route, there you will see the Ki-84 flight at the bottom of all the route info.

for some reason i can't find that! I have Mission editor version 2.17 patch 3 (i had problems with the latest version of Aces High!)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 05:42:46 PM »
Whoever made the mission has the .mis file.  It is created in the M.E. to save your work so that you can open it up and edit it in the future.  Some people include it with a mission download, some don't.  I think I remember to about half the time.  So, just ask whoever created the mission you want to edit for their .mis file for that mission.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩