Author Topic: Need help with a Saitek X52-pro  (Read 544 times)

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
Need help with a Saitek X52-pro
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:10:41 PM »
I cannot get any of the roll wheels to be recognized by Aces High.  It used to work on my X52 but not on the Pro, any explanations?  Thank you.

WMTom
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Need help with a Saitek X52-pro
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »
Do you mean the rings around the E and i buttons on the throttle? If so, I believe those can only be mapped to analog inputs. I have them mapped to elevator and aileron trim, since they have a small detent in the center.

Remember that you must cycle those when calibrating within the game.

If you are talking about the rollers next to the start/stop and reset buttons on the throttle, I don't think those can be mapped to any game keys or analog functions.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:25:44 PM by Rolex »

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 01:20:32 PM »
I'm new to AH (former FAer), but I had some troubles with AH recognizing some of the buttons on the X52 (dont have the pro).  I found that AH really didnt like my profile software and once I turned it off it recognized all my buttons/wheels/hats.

Rolex is right about the wheels only working for analog functions.  I have them mapped to trim as well. 

Hope that helps.

:salute
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer
The Wrecking Crew- www.twcclan.com

Never leave your wingman... trust in him always.... never die alone.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 04:31:58 PM »
Tom,

If you map the roller to trim in analog controls you will find they dont respond if you have combat trim on.

So you need to toggle off CT before the analog controls work,once you have them mapped goto advanced check enable scaling and adjust the sliders appropiate to your needs.

I have the first 3 or 4 sliders on the left down quite abit as I find it helps me to not over/under trim that axis.

If you use the SST programing you can adjust the "centre" with the "bands" settings this might help too.

I just use AH to program my stick so I dont bother with the SST software.

Hope that helps!

:salute

Offline Boxman

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 09:35:37 PM »
I had to load all software and I always have tpo leave the joystick properties up is CTRL panel, but all my buttons and trim wheels work.