Author Topic: P-40 Flaps (B & E)  (Read 188 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
P-40 Flaps (B & E)
« on: May 13, 2010, 05:17:35 PM »
I looked and didn't find any recent posts on this (perhap they're burried under all the recent patch activity here).  I lack film, I know I'm a bad puppy... (but with this new patch update my PC is running a lot smoother, so I may start filming again soon :aok )

I've been putting some time in the P-40 lately.  Lovin' it.   But I've noticed odd things about it's model, particularly in the flaps department that were easily reproducable.  Some of it is persisting through the latest patch, but I'll put more flight time into the new patch before saying it hasn't changed at all.

- Direct damage to wings/flaps: odd behavior here, but it is the least quirky of the flap issues (because maybe my opponent did get one lucky bullet into my right flap while perforating my left wing with 1-2 dozen bullets).  Basicaly you take a good burst to one of your wings, loose a couple parts and guns in the correct wing that took the damage, but also will oddly loose the opposing wing's flap, with the flap on the damaged (sometimes completely ravaged) wing remaining intact each time though.  If the wing completely fails though, then (visually at least, I havent checked the damage list each time) the correct flap goes with it.

- Collisions and flaps: seems very odd to me, with flaps up mostly, how many times I've had a honest wing collision with someone (I should of lost a fair chunk or two from the wing) and only loose a flap and maybe a gun.  Wierd flap losses too, IE: collision apeared to happen somewhere on my right wing, the result being I only loose one of my right-wing guns and my left-wing flap...  :huh

- Not flap related, but often a ghost collision happens (seems like both pilots barely avoided it, but I will recieve a "you have collided" message along with collision sound being played, but no damage is taken or displayed in the damage list (or I'll loose a flap oddly off my opposing wing only, see above).

- (This may be as intended, but understand it's been a bug on other planes before) Flaps when damaged/destroyed in any down position then remain stuck in the position they were in when damaged/destroyed.

I will attempt to collect and provide film of all these "bugs" if requested.

PS - would love it if any of these quirks are bugs and get fixed... without compromising the awesome structural sturdy-ness of those P-40 wings.  :pray
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.