Author Topic: Mitsubishi G4M 'Betty'  (Read 1213 times)

Offline EDO43

• Copper Member
Re: Mitsubishi G4M 'Betty'
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »
WTFH is it with people and wanting to be able to ram into things for score?

The bakka bomb is for ships, not for ramming into your opponent in the air.  Kamikaze is a not otherwise a viable tactic in AH. 

From Wikipedia:

The only operational Ohka was the Type 11. Essentially a 1,200 kg (2,646 lb) bomb with wooden wings, powered by three Type 4 Model 1 Mark 20 solid-fuel rocket motors, the Type 11 achieved great speed but with limited range. This was problematic, as it required the slow, heavily-laden mother aircraft to approach within 37 km (20 nmi; 23 mi) of the target, making them very vulnerable to defending fighters. There was one experimental variant of the Type 11, the Type 21, which had thin steel wings manufactured by Nakajima.
Mawey -a-  tsmukan

Offline whipster22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »
The bakka bomb is for ships, not for ramming into your opponent in the air.  Kamikaze is a not otherwise a viable tactic in AH. 

From Wikipedia:

The only operational Ohka was the Type 11. Essentially a 1,200 kg (2,646 lb) bomb with wooden wings, powered by three Type 4 Model 1 Mark 20 solid-fuel rocket motors, the Type 11 achieved great speed but with limited range. This was problematic, as it required the slow, heavily-laden mother aircraft to approach within 37 km (20 nmi; 23 mi) of the target, making them very vulnerable to defending fighters. There was one experimental variant of the Type 11, the Type 21, which had thin steel wings manufactured by Nakajima.
Fail
just dewbing up the bbs
baby seal

Offline EDO43

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 12:52:08 PM »
Oh well, you're just not into sinking cruisers with a bakka bomb.  I think it'd be fun.  Racing across the wavetops at 500 mph without anyone being able to stop you (except the 5" gunners and autoack) gets the adrenaline primed for system dump.  Of course, people would use it in roles it was never intended for...it's a game, nothing is as it was.  Very limited range and hardly any controlability other than straight and level would make it a challenge to hit anything.  No, I don't intentionally ram anything.  I've been playing this game for 11 years now and I've never intentionally rammed anyone.  I have hit the odd building or tree on occasion and clipped an opponent every now and again but that happens, I am NOT a Call of Duty/infinite life gamer.... I play to win and stay alive.  The longer I live, the more fun I have.  That may sound stranges but it's my $14.95.
Mawey -a-  tsmukan

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 05:56:39 PM »
Ok, you get your kamikaze. And once you smash into a ship and explode yourself, your account is permanently closed and you can never come back again.

And if your large, vulnerable mothership is shot down en route to target? Well sorry, but you took off as a kamikaze.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline EDO43

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »
Ok, you get your kamikaze. And once you smash into a ship and explode yourself, your account is permanently closed and you can never come back again.

And if your large, vulnerable mothership is shot down en route to target? Well sorry, but you took off as a kamikaze.

With limited sight people such as you, I should think I'd be glad to have my account permanently deleted.  I certainly won't be posting anything on any of these forums EVER again.  Thanks for saving me some time and energy.

Mawey -a-  tsmukan

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »
I have hit the odd building or tree on occasion

I keep smacking into perfectly normal trees and buildings.  ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 07:01:50 PM »
With limited sight people such as you, I should think I'd be glad to have my account permanently deleted.  I certainly won't be posting anything on any of these forums EVER again.  Thanks for saving me some time and energy.

Yeah, because the game would be made SO much better by dweebs in bomb-and-bail Lancstukas being able to inflict more damage by ramming their whole plane into the target.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 03:33:05 AM »
Would we want the Ohka,it's a jet yes. Was barely used and unsuccessful. First you gotta get a bomber close enough to the target. You gotta have no enemies around you so they won't get you as you glide down. Then your rockets ignite. Then you got dozens of 20mms,40mms and even if you get past that you got 5 inchers. Lastly you gotta ram into going 500mph or faster a couple feet off the water. After you do all that you still need like another 1000 pounds of ords to just sink a destroyer.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 04:17:13 AM »
Would we want the Ohka,it's a jet yes. Was barely used and unsuccessful. First you gotta get a bomber close enough to the target. You gotta have no enemies around you so they won't get you as you glide down. Then your rockets ignite. Then you got dozens of 20mms,40mms and even if you get past that you got 5 inchers. Lastly you gotta ram into going 500mph or faster a couple feet off the water. After you do all that you still need like another 1000 pounds of ords to just sink a destroyer.
Depends.  One of them sank one of our DDs.  Another punched through another DD's bow for minimal damage.  Those are the only hits I know of.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 07:15:36 AM »
All conversations aside......

+1
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010, 10:50:22 PM »
Lots of people do the same thing with fiters.  Dive at 500 mph drop eggs crash, no difference than this bomber.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 11:02:26 PM »
As a perk loadout requiring the Ohka player to spend perks, only retaining them if the G4M lands with the Ohka still loaded.  The death of the player is simulated by the loss of the perks.

This is about the only kamikaze mechanism I could see in the game.  It is controlled by the perk price and is attached to a very vulnerable G4M2 delivery system.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 01:08:48 AM »
Wouldn't the Betty - Baka combo require two pilots?

How 'bout if the Baka crash did not generate damage points then perks would be lost. Or if the Betty did not rtb.

If the Baka did generate damage points, and the Betty got back to base, the perks could be saved. Heck, that double feat itself should generate a bunch of perks!

Will it happen in AH? Nahhh!  :D

Best

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 01:49:54 AM »
Wouldn't the Betty - Baka combo require two pilots?

How 'bout if the Baka crash did not generate damage points then perks would be lost. Or if the Betty did not rtb.

If the Baka did generate damage points, and the Betty got back to base, the perks could be saved. Heck, that double feat itself should generate a bunch of perks!

Will it happen in AH? Nahhh!  :D

Best
Yes, it would require two pilots as I see it.  Could have a gunner as well for the G4M2.  Perks would be lost if the Ohka was dropped, period.  The perk loss is to simulate the pilot's death.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-