Author Topic: Salvo set to >1, then close doors after 1st bomb...  (Read 294 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Salvo set to >1, then close doors after 1st bomb...
« on: May 26, 2010, 05:58:40 PM »
I had my salvo set to some number greater than 1, then I closed my doors after the first bomb dropped as I had changed my mind about dropping the rest.
As I was sitting in the pilot seat, my text buffer eventually filled with a message saying something about my doors being closed.

How do I cancel a salvo drop of <1 after the 1st bomb has been released, without having my text buffer saturated with the orange system message telling me my doors are not open.

This occurred last night ~7pm PST, in the Training Arena while flying a set of B17s.  I ".ef" to fix the glitch.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Re: Salvo set to >1, then close doors after 1st bomb...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:01:36 AM »
The answer is I'm afraid not to close your doors in the middle of a salvo drop.
Its not something they would have ever done in WWII.

Door would get halfway up and a bomb would prang it on the way down making a big mess.

I've had what your describing happen to me.  Best seems to be avoiding what you did.

If you forgot to set salvo, and drop more than you meant to, best to just leave the doors open and accept your mistake.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 11:00:07 AM »
Ghost is right on the money. You set the salvo < 1 and then closed the doors after only 1 fell, what were you expecting to get? probably only way to stop the messages would be to allow them to run there course. If you salvo 12 and closed doors after 1, I would expect 11 messages that bomb bay doors are closed. :salute

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »
I think the problem being presented is that there was no damage as a result of releasing bombs in the bomb bay with the doors closed. They should at least rattle around if not tear the heck out of the doors and surrounding structure.

Infidelz.