Author Topic: Big Fat Sinkhole...  (Read 1139 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Big Fat Sinkhole...
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 09:16:31 PM »
yes. it did say 100ft but i have heard from more recent news media, including the morning news that they are saying the sinkhole is more than 100 ft deep
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 09:20:40 PM »
Didn't this happen way back in 07?

It is interesting though, Ive done a lot of spelunking and seem my share of glory holes. All the natural one ive seen are jagged and non-uniform in shape.

When we went in the old abandon mines in china camp we found quite of few where the roof of the mines caved in and created a open air hole again never as round and uniform as this one.

Looks like an alien drill hole. :devil :bolt:

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 01:43:08 AM »
Ive ssen reports that the hole is over 300 feet deep..

Old lava tube maybe?
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 01:45:07 AM »

It is interesting though, Ive done a lot of spelunking and seem my share of glory holes. All the natural one ive seen are jagged and non-uniform in shape.

When we went in the old abandon mines in china camp we found quite of few where the roof of the mines caved in and created a open air hole again never as round and uniform as this one.

War of The Worlds! I know it, someone get Tom Cruise to save us all!  :noid :noid
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 02:12:36 AM »

:noid
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
First thing I thought of was the new Star Trek movie.   Dang Romulans and their drills. 
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com