Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 529 times)

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Need Help
« on: September 10, 2000, 04:27:00 PM »
As the title says, I really need some help. I have a CH pro-throttle, CH F16 fighter stick, and TM rudder pedals. This system has served me well through several sims across many years, it fits like a glove and has never let me down... until now. I am experiencing the random generation of the characters "[" and "]". It happened before and I posted here and someone said it might have to do with the throttle wheel on the stick. I have done some testing and if I move the stick around it will start to happen. I can ususally hit ESC to help calm it down but alas it will not stop and is getting worse. I have had to remap the zoom buttons and barely type online because of having to constantly backspace to delete all the unwanted characters. Can anyone give me some guidance on this?

T

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Need Help
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2000, 09:32:00 AM »
 I found that by constantly calibrating the equipment (and making sure the stick throttle is all the way to mimimum) I can get rid of the same thing. I calibrate about three times a week. And sometimes it takes a few tries each time to get the calibration spot on.
 I have Pro thr and F16 fighterstick also. And plugged into a GameCard II Auto to boot.

-Westy

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Need Help
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2000, 09:44:00 AM »
I got your answer  

I have the CH Pro Throttle & Pedals, plus the CH Fighterstick, and I have had the exact same problem.

Remember that your Fighterstick has a throttle wheel on the stick itself that you don't actually use. This is whats causing the problem. Its slighlty uncalibrated, even though with your setup, you don't calibrate this control device.

What I usually do is move the throttle wheel all the way to the opposite stop (or also move it all the way back then) and it will usually stop the problem.

If that fails, recalibrate in Windows and then again in AH.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Need Help
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2000, 10:37:00 PM »
I have recalibrated in windows and the game. I followed the instructions from CH Tech Help to do a "hard reset" of my throttle and then reprogram w/speedkeys. The thing is still broken. I wonder what would happen if I simply open up the case of the stick and cut the wires to the pot for the throttle wheel. This is driving me nuts!

T
-----------edit------------

I took apart the stick and removed the throttle wheel turning the pot all the way down and reinstalling it with electrical tape over the hole where the wheel used to be. No wires cut, no fuss, took all of about 5 minutes. So far so good, put it throgh its paces and not a single unwanted character appeared.
Hope this may help someone else having the same problem, thanks for all your input!

T

[This message has been edited by DmdBT (edited 09-12-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Need Help
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2000, 07:42:00 AM »
You're braver than I but if it did the trick I may also do like wise. Hope this does it!

-Westy