Author Topic: CH gamecard GC3 help!  (Read 521 times)

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
CH gamecard GC3 help!
« on: February 28, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »
The gameport on my soundcard has crapped out, getting major spikes, never in calibration, and has a burned spot on one of the bumpy things on the circuitboard just behind the joystick plug.
My CH gamecard GC3 came in today and I am having no success in getting my system to recognize it. I've disabled the soundcard gameport, followed the directions for the software and setting up the new hardware but nothing seems to work, my joystick is not being recognized and when I try to auto-time the card it pops up as not installed.
Any help would surely be appreciated on this one.

Thanks

T

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
CH gamecard GC3 help!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2001, 08:43:00 AM »
 If you have the gameport on your old sound card disabled (in al hardware profiles too), have added the gamecard manually by adding a standard microsoft gameport via 'add hardware' and are using resource 201 with it you should be fine.

I'm not at home to be able to do a line item cross check though.

The gamecard is not plug-n-play so you have to do it all manually.

-Westy

p.s. worse case scenario is remove your sound card completely, install the gamecard get it running and then re-install your soundcard. And then immediately disable the gameport on it after.

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 03-01-2001).]

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
CH gamecard GC3 help!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2001, 11:23:00 PM »
Problem has been solved. I found a burned spot on my soundcard on one of the bumpy thingies just behind the gameport. It just so happens that it was interfering somehow with the whole system and once I replace the soundcard today the gamecard was recognized and set up with no problems. It sure is nice to have a steady stick with no jumping around.

T