Author Topic: So I guess we're getting AT guns.....  (Read 3591 times)

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
Re: So I guess we're getting AT guns.....
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2010, 11:55:51 AM »
The Nashorn and Elephant were a couple of other TD's,but suffered from no anti grunt defense,and the Russki's were the worlds best at,shall we say ganging.THe Ferdinand..Elephant was the larger of the two,and the Nashorn was much more maneuverable.If you think about it the Russians used a guy with a bottle of gas and a wick about as well to kill tanks,TD's etc.Maybe we should have one of those LOL!It's been said many times,and I'll say it again,Hitler should have left the Russians alone!He got a bad read off the Russo-Finnish war,and thought they would be a walk over.They may have eventually locked horns anyway,and the result probably would have been the same,but it would have taken a lot longer,and the casualties would have been much higher.The Germans were the best defensive fighters the world has ever seen!Would the Germans defeated the Brits if they left the Russki's alone?That channel must have seemed like it was 500 miles across.Talk about a moat!
Dobe

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »
Yeah, and you can type in .d 2000 and kill them before they get within range of retaliation.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2010, 08:23:35 AM »
Well since Pyro sorta cleared it up I was going to say that the picture they put in looks an awful lot like the one in this link.

http://www.lovettartillery.com/57mm_US_AT_Gun.html

However that gun isn't the one that Pyro mentioned.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2010, 08:55:07 AM »
A jeep is not really a prime mover for a 3 ton AT gun ;)
Theres a Jeep w/ a gun hooked up here out front of Ft Drums USO....always wanted to see it in game.

Now that NOE raids are harder to do we dont need manned AA guns really anymore in town....AT gun would be ......wicked...
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"