Author Topic: Landing kills in a GV  (Read 624 times)

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
Landing kills in a GV
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:40:48 AM »
How do you post kills in a GV? Do you have to be at the spawn, near the spawn, etc.? And are there a minimum number of kills required to post?

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
Re: Landing kills in a GV
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:42:51 AM »
To land kills in a GV you must be 6K away from the nearest enemy, unless you have taken rounds, in which case you have to wait until the person that shot you lands or dies, then you can land your kills. But not if you are moving!

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 10:14:02 AM »
So, driving back to the spawn point has nothing to do with it?

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 10:17:17 AM »
To land kills in a GV you must be 6K away from the nearest enemy, unless you have taken rounds, in which case you have to wait until the person that shot you lands or dies, then you can land your kills. But not if you are moving!
Even with rounds in you, towering out on concrete will land you successfully.  This includes the gray stuff in towns.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »
So, driving back to the spawn point has nothing to do with it?
That is right :aok

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »
Even with rounds in you, towering out on concrete will land you successfully.  This includes the gray stuff in towns.

Doh! I knew I forgot something.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 01:32:27 PM »
Post deleted
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 05:27:24 PM »
Let me get this straight. If I spawn out and land some kills, I have to drive all the way back to a friendly base? That could take hours. And what does towering out mean?

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 06:05:06 PM »
Let me get this straight. If I spawn out and land some kills, I have to drive all the way back to a friendly base? That could take hours. And what does towering out mean?
No you can tower out & land so long as you are 6k away from any enemy on open ground. Best to land on concrete then you tower out at any time on your own base. Towering out is ending sortie.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 09:14:13 PM »
If you spawn toward an enemy base, just assume it is a one-way trip ending only when you die or the base is captured by your side allowing you to land on concrete. 

That is, unless you enjoy driving for an hour . . . but not many people do.

Also:
How do you post kills in a GV? Do you have to be at the spawn, near the spawn, etc.? And are there a minimum number of kills required to post?
Remember that any kills you get will show in your stats / score regardless of whether you "land" them.  But if you want your name to show in the buffer (i.e. Vafiii landed 2 kills in a panzer), you need a minimum 2 kills.

If you really want to land kills and get your name in the text buffer, I suggest finding a ground fight where your side is the defender so you can land on your base's concrete.  But don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen for a while . . . most sorties end in a death, it is just a fact of the game.

Good luck!
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »
No you can tower out & land so long as you are 6k away from any enemy on open ground. Best to land on concrete then you tower out at any time on your own base. Towering out is ending sortie.
vafiii,

Just for clarification, this includes planes.  Any enemy.

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 03:40:18 PM »
Wouldn't it make more sense to drive back to the spawn point, end sortie and post the kills? Anyway, it is what it is. Thanks for the reply's.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 04:37:18 PM »
Wouldn't it make more sense to drive back to the spawn point, end sortie and post the kills? Anyway, it is what it is. Thanks for the reply's.
Spawn point is a starting point nothing else.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 04:41:15 PM »

That is, unless you enjoy driving for an hour . . .

"an hour" AH2 time = 10 minutes of actual, real driving.

Spawn points are often in enemy territory.

Also, wouldn't it be fun to shoot and hit a newly spawned in tank who subsequently un-spawns so as to not get killed, with no penalty?  

After all, he is at his spawn point....

It really doesn't take that long to drive to a safe point to end sortie.  As it is now, you can end sortie and successfully land anywhere, including an enemy base, as long as the proper conditions are met.

The trick is to know when you are at a safe point to end.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 04:43:49 PM »
its a lottery. tower out and hope for the best works for me :pray
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli