Author Topic: any idea?  (Read 1328 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: any idea?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
 Hey Lu,

I think the answer your looking for can be found in Dtango and TheRapier's posts.

Dtango shows you the theory and Rapier is showing you the pilot inputs and A/C differences.

So if you read thier answers closely you'll find your answer,remind me next time you see me and we can put it to the test ans see if this answers you question or not.

:salute

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
It seems as you said.

But after 3 or 4 closed loops vs an opponent i cannot figure
out how the other one can to start climbing.

As to me there is more then wep or planes differences.

TY

ps

fugitive, my in game nick is lulu69
mobilis in mobile

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »
It seems as you said.

Begin to film your fights. All of them. Most of the films you can discard later, but every time you happen to wonder "how the heck did he do THAT?" or you are simply curious what really happened at all, you can watch the film. If you have further questions, post the film here and let the trainers analyze it for you.

The film recorder is one of the most powerful tools available. As I never got any training, the film viewer was my main source of enlightenment for a looong time.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 06:19:14 PM »
It seems as you said.

TY

ps

fugitive, my in game nick is lulu69

lulu,

do you know how to film fights? if not, it is ALT R. same to stop the film.

go and film the fights with the conditions you've mentioned. do this with several different planes, both those you're in, and those that you're fighting against.  make sure you name them, so they're easy to find.

now, go to the film viewer, and watch them. on the right side, you'll see the planes in the area......along with watching the fight itself, watch the speeds in the bar on the right.
 this should help ya some, as you'll be able to see what speeds the others are maintaining in order to climb back up.

hope this helps ya a little
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 08:47:41 PM »
I've started filming my flights for the same reasons and it's a big help.  It helps even more if you play the Top Gun soundtrack in the background.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 10:55:19 PM »
I've started filming my flights for the same reasons and it's a big help.  It helps even more if you play the Top Gun soundtrack in the background.

bad idea. that'll distract you.

what ya do, is watch the film many times. from different views. internal, external, fixed, without trails, with trails.......if you see somethign you're not sure about, back the film up, then slow it down.

filming is a wonderful tool. the only wayit cold be better, is if it recorded, and showed control inputs.

the only thing better, is spending time, and listening to one of the great trainer dudes.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »
Clipboard>>Options>>Preferences>>Flight

There you will find a check box to auto film sorties. When your sortie ends you will get a dialogue box allowing you to accept the sequential numbered name, rename or discard the film.

You will get a lot of extra film this way but you won't ever have forgotten to turn the camera on for that classic engagement.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 02:27:16 PM »
Clipboard>>Options>>Preferences>>Flight

There you will find a check box to auto film sorties. When your sortie ends you will get a dialogue box allowing you to accept the sequential numbered name, rename or discard the film.

You will get a lot of extra film this way but you won't ever have forgotten to turn the camera on for that classic engagement.

excellent idea, i've forgotten on more than once
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"