Author Topic: Film Viewer only shows default skins.  (Read 348 times)

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
Film Viewer only shows default skins.
« on: August 17, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »
For some reason the film viewer will only show the default skin on other aircraft. It wasn't doing this last weekend when I got my snapshots from the Philippine Phandango Event and it appears the bug happened after the new skins were released this past week.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Film Viewer only shows default skins.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:45:28 AM »
Yep, same thing here.  Really changes the look without the correct skins in films.

Any chance for a fix?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »
Tangentially relevant. I noticed when I was looking at a film where I was in B-17s, the drones had default skins and not the same skin as lead bomber. I had to edit the film, starting about half way through the 52 minute film, and in the second half where I copied the film, the drones did have the correct non-default skin.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:08:36 PM »
I called HT to report this and ended up talking with Skuzzy about this today...

It has to do with the skin.res file as the 'feature/bug' showed up around or about Aug 8 when the res file got modified...it has had two subsequent modifications as they go through this whole revamp of the skins system...but the problem persists

He confirmed the behavior while on the phone, knows about it...and said it will take some time to address...

In the meantime...if at least you want your skins to be all consistent across the board do this:

When using the film viewer for screen shots or what not...rename your skin folder to 'skins_old' or something like that...and create a new empty folder to replace it called 'skins'.

After doing this the skins in the film viewer will all be the default skin...the default skins are hardwired into the program....thus your screen shots are temporarily and marginally acceptable...

It beats having your plane being the oddball out with its skin...

One thing is for certain: When you run the film viewer your skins.res file gets deleted by the viewer...and I think that is the root of the problem...

My hunch is that this will take a program update that directly modifies the film viewer to correct....

Oneway
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:14:00 PM by oneway »