Author Topic: Facebook?  (Read 2617 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Facebook?
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »
stupid browser games

aren't they considered flash games? 

mom fubared one of my computers, that i had set up for her.....she keeps going to popcap, and some of those other places with half assed games.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »
Old n' stuborn people are old and stuborn.   :D

Much the the old-fashioned mail and the family telephone, if you don't use your facebook account to play games, "find singles in your area", take BS surveys you don't need to, or give it out to (and add to your friend's list/pool) total strangers, it's perfectly safe, secure and discrete.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline b4o2s9s

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 05:27:06 PM »
if you don't use your facebook account to play games, "find singles in your area", take BS surveys you don't need to, or give it out to (and add to your friend's list/pool) total strangers, it's perfectly safe, secure and discrete.

Bingo. Ok it's not perfectly safe, but nothing on the net is. Gotta say I haven't had anything come from facebook. Had it for 2 years or so, and I'm not too bright at figuring out how to prevent viruses and such. Freeware programs only.
Mstang67
No squad cuz noob

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2010, 01:22:43 AM »
Is their a lot of annoying people on facebook ? because people spend hours on it, what can you do but look at other profiles. ?

I'm sure there are but the only people that generally find you are people in your network or friends. great way to keep up with family or some old friends i see maybe once a year.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2010, 07:59:48 AM »
a friend of mine has accounts on facebook, and myspace. she does them for her business. she has one single computer that is designated for this.

in the last 2 years, this same computer has been infected with crap no less than 5 times. thankfully, this computer is not networked with the important computers in her stores.

about a month and a half ago, her entire network went down. it(the network) was seriously FUBARED. none of her computers in the network could access the internet, and eventually stopped even booting up.

wanna guess what happened?  yep. one of her employees was too lazy to go downstairs to the computer that they were allowed to use for these places.....so they logged into facebook from the store computer right up at the register. apparently, they felt there was something seriously important that they had to check....but there were customers in the store, so they had to stay upstairs.

for the life of me, i don't know why this person still has a job, 'cause i'd have fired her bellybutton for A)being on the computer when she should've been taking care of customers, B)going on the internet at the workstation that she shouldn't have been....while there were customers, and C) for fubaring the entire network.

and yes, my friends computer person was able to recover logs, and knows where the person was.............
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2010, 08:08:41 AM »

and yes, my friends computer person was able to recover logs, and knows where the person was.............

Still doesn't mean facebook itself was the cause of the problems.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 08:16:21 AM »

in all honesty, it may or may not have been. like i said, the one computer that they're allowed to use had been infected multiple times....then the one single time one of em logs on with the workstation, the entire network goes down.

that being said.......i was talking to another shop owner yesterday about this. he's convinced me to try it.
 what he does, is as his mechanics are working on a customers car, he takes pictures, and updates it on facebook as the job progresses. he does this when he knows the customer is a facebook user. he gets a lot of positive feedback about it.

so.....like i said yesterday, i have a laptop with nothing important on it, so i think i may try it.......if i get infected.......quick reformat....if not, then i'll have to come here, and admit i was wrong. it sure as hell won't be the first time i've had to do that.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 11:30:45 AM »
Nevermind.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:41:07 AM by dev1ant »
Deviant

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »

Let's just categorize it as the "carrier".

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6