Author Topic: Unloading cargo instead of dropping it.  (Read 749 times)

Offline Castle51

• Copper Member
Unloading cargo instead of dropping it.
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:39:26 PM »
     Generally speaking, most aircraft delivered cargo in WWII involved the plane actually landing to unload it.  An air drop requires the cargo to stay under a certain weight so that the parachute can deliver it safely to its target, so realistically you should be able to deliver more weight if you planned on unloading it on the ground.  I'm not saying we should get rid of the airdrop option, I just want to see another load out for the goon that would involve unloading it from the aircraft after you've come to a stop either on the runway or a specific part of the airfield like an assigned pad or something.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Unloading cargo instead of dropping it.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:23:09 PM »
The airdrops in AHII represent combat drops more than a simple supply run I think.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:24:36 PM »
     Generally speaking, most aircraft delivered cargo in WWII involved the plane actually landing to unload it.  An air drop requires the cargo to stay under a certain weight so that the parachute can deliver it safely to its target, so realistically you should be able to deliver more weight if you planned on unloading it on the ground.  I'm not saying we should get rid of the airdrop option, I just want to see another load out for the goon that would involve unloading it from the aircraft after you've come to a stop either on the runway or a specific part of the airfield like a sweetie igned pad or something.

Do you play this game?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline 800nate

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »
i agree good i dea

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 11:20:27 AM »
Land on concrete. Turn off engine, press O to open doors, then release cargo. POOF you just unloaded it :x
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »
I just want to see another load out for the goon that would involve unloading it from the aircraft after you've come to a stop either on the runway or a specific part of the airfield like a sweetie igned pad or something.

wth is a sweetie igned pad? :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 12:34:38 PM »
Land on concrete. Turn off engine, press O to open doors, then release cargo. POOF you just unloaded it :x

Yes, he knows that.  He's saying if you do that you should be able to load more cargo than if you are going to air drop it.  Say two Field supply boxes instead of one.

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 12:38:34 PM »
wth is a sweetie igned pad? :headscratch:

Thats a bad word filter run amuck... lol
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 02:45:04 PM »
Tralfazz speaks the truth.......  And no for the request.  Changes gameplay in a way that doesn't actually make it any better.

Yes, he knows that.  He's saying if you do that you should be able to load more cargo than if you are going to air drop it.  Say two Field supply boxes instead of one.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 05:06:28 PM »

Actually that's not really the case, it's harder on the aircraft to land it with a heavy load than it is to land empty.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 12:10:48 AM »

Land anywhere, press O to open doors, release cargo....it's still unloaded, not like we're Fedex  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 12:17:59 AM »
     Too bad we couldn't get this bird:

Then we could do LAPES extractions.  Think of how much fun that could be.  A buddy of mine started out
in C-123s in RVN, then went to the C-130 afterwards.  He said the LAPES was the quickest way he knew to
turn a truck into spare parts  :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhFRGzh0s0&feature=related

First part of this video  :lol  But my favorite is about 1:10, runaway truck/front end loader.  :rofl
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:21:09 AM by Rino »
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars