Author Topic: Hangers and Hangars  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hangers and Hangars
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »
What does that matter?  People are still going to click on the link not knowing what the picture is.

I guess illiterate people don't follow these threads. The link clearly says "Civil War" and "Hanging Conspirators" which should act as a warning of violency to tender folks.
<Edit>Titled as it is, I wouldn't click the link with my children watching over my shoulder.</Edit>
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:28:58 PM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 01:43:16 PM »

I guess illiterate people don't follow these threads. The link clearly says "Civil War" and "Hanging Conspirators" which should act as a warning of violency to tender folks.
<Edit>Titled as it is, I wouldn't click the link with my children watching over my shoulder.</Edit>

I admit I didn't read the link before I clicked on it, didn't think I'd need to.  However, when calling other people illiterate, best not to use the word "violency."
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 09:43:44 PM »
If I could hang my planes from a hanger for storage, would the hanger then become a hangar or would I have to refer to it as a "hangar hanger", or would it be "hanger hangar"? :headscratch:

:neener:
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 09:55:32 PM »
However, when calling other people illiterate, best not to use the word "violency."

...but being a non natively English speaker...

Just sayin'...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 10:00:27 PM »

NO WIRE HANGERS!
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 11:11:41 PM »

Just sayin'...

I know, I saw that.  I'm taking French 110 but I'm not going to go around telling French people they are illiterate.  He took offense that I disagreed with him about the appropriateness of the link and resorted to personal attacks.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Jouster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 11:22:44 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

knowing what this is. I have to say that is funny as it comes. check youtube for the story behind this one.
Watching you get on my six with my dead cat like reflexes.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 11:38:20 PM »
This is a hanger:

This is a hangar:

Just sayin.  There seems to be some confusion.   Discuss Pls.  :aok

i dont understand the difference.... :noid
say it slower
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 12:17:12 AM »
What does that matter?  People are still going to click on the link not knowing what the picture is.

... Also proves that his spelling by far exceeds that of the average American.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 01:09:20 AM »
I know, I saw that.  I'm taking French 110 but I'm not going to go around telling French people they are illiterate.  He took offense that I disagreed with him about the appropriateness of the link and resorted to personal attacks.

Perhaps he did not know that calling someone illiterate has a negative connotation in the English language.

... Also proves that his spelling by far exceeds that of the average American.

Sadly, this is true.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 02:57:11 AM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:25:56 AM by Skuzzy »
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 08:09:34 AM »
He took offense that I disagreed with him about the appropriateness of the link and resorted to personal attacks.
Jayhawk, I'm truly sorry if I made you feel personally attacked.  :(

I said "I guess...", not  "I didn't know illiterate people follow these threads."

By illiterate I meant people who really can't read. I guess a real analphabet could manage to play the AH game, if someone had saved his login information, but I doubt such a person would surf on this board. The rest of us may click links with or without reading underlined parts of text. I'm just cleaning viruses from a computer, the owner of which didn't read what he was clicking. 
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni