Author Topic: Another Great Night of AVA  (Read 1226 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Another Great Night of AVA
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 08:37:26 PM »
Haven't had time because of work. When I do have time I've been too tired. Went to the airshow in Ft Worth today Got to see an A-26, FM-2, and three different P-51s flying. As well as an F-16 F-22 and the Blue Angels. It all day fun in the sun. I hope to get in tomorrow tonight I'm wiped out and watching the World Series.

PS  I know it's a good setup I wrote it. :D I'm glad people like it, some I did turned out to be stinkers.

<S>

well, then thank you too sir!!!!

the constant changing in the arena is a large part of what keeps it fun. live, die doesn't matter.  :aok

BTW....i am now seriously jealous.........got pics from the airshow?  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 08:42:23 PM »
Haven't had time because of work. When I do have time I've been too tired. Went to the airshow in Ft Worth today Got to see an A-26, FM-2, and three different P-51s flying. As well as an F-16 F-22 and the Blue Angels. It all day fun in the sun. I hope to get in tomorrow tonight I'm wiped out and watching the World Series.

PS  I know it's a good setup I wrote it. :D I'm glad people like it, some I did turned out to be stinkers.

<S>

ARGH!!!! I was pulling that old nasty paneling down today and completely spazzed on the airshow

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 09:01:05 PM »

<S>

Will be looking forward in fighting you in the AVA.  I do not think we never battle. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 09:34:43 PM »
ARGH!!!! I was pulling that old nasty paneling down today and completely spazzed on the airshow (Image removed from quote.)

I feel yourt pain I'm in the middle of remodeling our house as well.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 09:39:34 PM »
I hear ya sir.. pays off in the long run though.

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 10:18:03 PM »
No way to hard wire, router is to far away.  Ive been using this wireless card for years with no issue.  I didnt have an issue till i switched from DSL to cable.  I try the ping test and see what happens.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 10:34:36 PM »
No way to hard wire, router is to far away.  Ive been using this wireless card for years with no issue.  I didnt have an issue till i switched from DSL to cable.  I try the ping test and see what happens.

is the game the only thing giving you problems? do you do other games? do they work ok?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 12:47:58 AM »
no its not just the game.  having a problem even loading web pages.  been on the phone with tech support every day with TW, they wont even send someone to my house.  When the guy installed the cable he used mostly existing wire and i counted at least 8 but connectors between the line in and my cable modem.  GEEEEE  wonder if one of those is bad  lol  or maybe one of the 20 year old wires is bad...  or maybe its the 8 connectors!  im gonna go get a new wireless card tomorrow just to prove to them its not my setup.  Ive had the same router and card for 4 years, never had a problem until i switched to cable.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 05:43:54 AM »
tell their TS that and if you don't get a satisfactory response escalate it they should have run new cable wherever you wanted it I think.  AT&T ran all new wire up to 100ft away from my modem. 

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 08:25:24 AM »
no its not just the game.  having a problem even loading web pages.  been on the phone with tech support every day with TW, they wont even send someone to my house.  When the guy installed the cable he used mostly existing wire and i counted at least 8 but connectors between the line in and my cable modem.  GEEEEE  wonder if one of those is bad  lol  or maybe one of the 20 year old wires is bad...  or maybe its the 8 connectors!  im gonna go get a new wireless card tomorrow just to prove to them its not my setup.  Ive had the same router and card for 4 years, never had a problem until i switched to cable.
it sounds like it's time to talk to someone up higher in the foodchain.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 10:03:47 AM »
When the guy installed the cable he used mostly existing wire and i counted at least 8 but connectors between the line in and my cable modem.  GEEEEE  wonder if one of those is bad  lol  or maybe one of the 20 year old wires is bad...  or maybe its the 8 connectors!  im gonna go get a new wireless card tomorrow just to prove to them its not my setup.  Ive had the same router and card for 4 years, never had a problem until i switched to cable.

Yup, every splice in the wire bleeds off signal stregth.  Sounds like the tech was a lazy so-and-so and you should get TW to come out and properly run a cable to your modem.  Did that tech even check signal stregth before running away?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 03:02:13 PM »
Usually the RoadRunner techs are pretty good if you can get one out to your house.

I've had two issues with mine in the past. First was web issues just after we got phone installed. They were using cable rated for 150 foot runs from the street to my house, and mine measured in at 149 feet. Adding the phone tipped it over the edge and wasn't getting enough signal. They upgraded that run.

Second was having the trap that the TV guys install at the street when you don't get TV go bad. RoadRunner tech said he hated those things because they go bad every couple of years and he gets called out to fix them. Replacing that fixed all kinds of weird issues.

I think I'm getting close right now to needing to get that trap replaced again.
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 06:04:09 PM »
I feel yourt pain I'm in the middle of remodeling our house as well.

I'm ripping the paneling in the LR down and modernizing the clown car .. what do you have going on Shifty?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 06:52:04 PM »

hey dude........it was good to see ya in the arena today......but you shoulda seen the "enterprise" moves you made!!!   :rofl :rofl

if you don't mind, i may have to post some screenies of them.  :devil i won't though, if you'd rather not......they're not to be mean.....i just thought it was funny as hell. i felt like i was playin whack-a-mole with your zeek.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"