Author Topic: hard hit!  (Read 694 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
hard hit!
« on: October 31, 2010, 10:45:15 AM »
the pictures say it all.

Victim: Vulcan <S>
Shooter: jaeger1

Internal view:

External View:

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: hard hit!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:05:21 AM »
So ya finally got an air to air kill huh?

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 12:58:43 PM »
 :rofl

yeah you could say that!  :)

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 02:27:46 PM »
The Japaneese plane set's kinda killin it in there for me! Last night I was getting BnZ'ed, ganged, HO'd, everything I had logged in to the arena to avoid! (The violators seemed to be shade accounts as well...). Anybody else having similar experiences?
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 03:23:16 PM »
The Japaneese plane set's kinda killin it in there for me! Last night I was getting BnZ'ed, ganged, HO'd, everything I had logged in to the arena to avoid! (The violators seemed to be shade accounts as well...). Anybody else having similar experiences?

You mean like this?
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,299292.0.html
 :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »

The KI-61 is more than a match for the setup as it was intended against the F4U-1 P-38G, the A6M5 should own the P-40 P-39 and F4F. The Spit V was added for reasons I don't understand.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 05:45:36 PM »

there are only a couple that do that.

come back. if you have problems, and jaeger1 isn't in there, pm me, dicho, jc67..basically any of us regulars, and we'll make sure it gets to those that can do something about if for ya.

other than that, get yer bellybutton back in there and fight!!!  :devil :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 05:47:14 PM »
The KI-61 is more than a match for the setup as it was intended against the F4U-1 P-38G, the A6M5 should own the P-40 P-39 and F4F. The Spit V was added for reasons I don't understand.

i actually thought i'd do better against the ki in my 38g.......i just had a few fights against one......i lost em all, although i was way slow on the merges, and low alt on one of em.........but the loss of the fight matters not, because it was still a friggin blast.......... :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 06:12:44 PM »

Co-E, I'd have to agree. The spit is the king of the set-up in there. It can turn with, out-climb, and out-run the A6m, iirc.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »
The Spit V was added for reasons I don't understand.

Because Mr. Fork is a Trying Without Involving Thinking.

“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »
I've always considered Spitfires the "odd man out" in PTO set ups. I know they saw service in the defense of Darwin and probably one or two other places as well. The deal is, Spitfires are in abundance in the BoB, ETO and MTO scenarios already and I've always appreciated the break from them the PTO set ups typically provide.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 09:37:35 PM »
I've always considered Spitfires the "odd man out" in PTO set ups. I know they saw service in the defense of Darwin and probably one or two other places as well. The deal is, Spitfires are in abundance in the BoB, ETO and MTO scenarios already and I've always appreciated the break from them the PTO set ups typically provide.

Guess no break from them no matter what theater. Somebody will probably add them to the next Eastern Front setup too.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 09:59:54 PM »
Guess no break from them no matter what theater. Somebody will probably add them to the next Eastern Front setup too.

Hmmmm....no, not likely....

Oldtimers (looks sideways at Shifty) may not remember that there are a lot of people flying the A6M5 in these setups.  I suspect Fork put the SpitV in to counter the Zekes.

- oldman (but perhaps not, one never knows with Canadians)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 10:59:58 PM »
Hmmmm....no, not likely....

Oldtimers (looks sideways at Shifty) may not remember that there are a lot of people flying the A6M5 in these setups.  I suspect Fork put the SpitV in to counter the Zekes.

- oldman (but perhaps not, one never knows with Canadians)

you're canadian?

without the "eh" after everything you say, i'd have never known...... :noid :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 06:41:01 AM »
Oldtimers (looks sideways at Shifty) may not remember that there are a lot of people flying the A6M5 in these setups.  I suspect Fork put the SpitV in to counter the Zekes.

Oldtimers remember you counter the Zeke with the F4U and P-38.  ;)