Author Topic: Film Viewer.  (Read 375 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Film Viewer.
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:19:36 PM »
I'm having difficulty with ahfilm. Having only used ahfilm for rewatch FSO, snapshots and a few good fights, I hadn't used it to... errr... "film a film."

I have a 2 and a half hour (alt r)film saved from the game. I want to make and save an AVI Film from 2:24:00 to 2:27:00 in the simple c-pit camera using recorded views.
I have no knowledge of filming in ahfilm at all and have so far not been able to figure it out on my own.

Any help would be most welcome and apreciated.
 :salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
Re: Film Viewer.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »
I'm having difficulty with ahfilm. Having only used ahfilm for rewatch FSO, snapshots and a few good fights, I hadn't used it to... errr... "film a film."

I have a 2 and a half hour (alt r)film saved from the game. I want to make and save an AVI Film from 2:24:00 to 2:27:00 in the simple c-pit camera using recorded views.
I have no knowledge of filming in ahfilm at all and have so far not been able to figure it out on my own.

Any help would be most welcome and apreciated.
 :salute

1) download trial version of FRAPS : http://www.fraps.com/download.php
2) install and run FRAPS, select the 'movies' panel, define a video capture hotkey and a folder to save your movie in.
3) run your AH film in AH film viewer full screen mode, and press the above defined capture hotkey when you want to film the film.
4) Go to the folder where you told FRAPS to save your film and watch, or upload to youtube.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 10:12:58 AM »
There are start selection and end selection buttons in the film viewer to select a clip from the full film. When you save the selection it creates a film clip. Save that clip as an AVI film.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 07:41:34 PM »
http://www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2/downloads/ahmovies/HowToMakeAnAHMovie.zip

This should answer most of your questions in a tutorial video.  A tip (that I also make in the movie) is its best to break your films up, especially in an FSO flight thats 2 hours long.  Longer films develop more errors (crashing) and take longer to load/fast forward or rewind when viewing.  I usually recommend breaking it down into several videos, every 15 minutes or any major event (landing, fighting etc).
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either