Author Topic: Weekends in LW..  (Read 807 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Weekends in LW..
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 10:22:53 AM »
One arena on Saturday and Sunday is too much like titanic tuesdays.

They will be tweaking this setup more in the future.... fine tuning. I'm sure HT and crew are watching for suggestions..

I think it is a great idea for our euro brothers.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »
Are there arena caps in warbirds or do they just not need them? :bolt:

Warbirds would give their right arm to have enough players to have a cap problem.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 04:37:35 PM »
Lusche said it also himself..

My simplest "solution" would have been keeping caps on weekends, while abolishing them during weekdays (while still keeping 2 arena format, so players do have a choice)

Offline krazey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 05:28:11 PM »
So us guys and girls in Europe get the bum end of the deal on the weekends? I think not. Please, We've finally got a deal which helps us rather than leaving us feeling like the dregs at the bottom of the cup.

Example, the other day I logged on (Before the change over) and I was faced with a choice.

LW Orange : 120/100
LW Blue : 18/100.

I mean REALLY????

Let us finally be able to fly with people yea?

Im also in the UK and yeah ive logged into the game to see the above situation, solution? log out and back in until i get in, usually no more than a matter of minutes, the exception was the one occasion it took me 2 hours but meh...
 As for your last line I laughed so much i wet myself.. I fly with some of the best people in Bishland every single day and im not just talking squaddies (eg GUNnRUN, BAR, ghi, the devils brigade boys), the list goes on..
 I dont care which way the arenas go at weekends , (by that i mean wether its 1 arena or two) but for the love of god dont switch it!
 During the week I can undertand but even this poor foolish englishman has noticed that the US players get on a whole heap earlier at the weekends and can envision switching from arena style A to arena style B being a complete pita

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 05:36:41 PM »
As for your last line I laughed so much i wet myself.. I fly with some of the best people in Bishland every single day and im not just talking squaddies (eg GUNnRUN, BAR, ghi, the devils brigade boys), the list goes on..

I cancelled my subscription because this was the normal numbers for me, not a once off. I'm a knight, so many of the gentlemen you have named I have not had the privilege to fly with. But when I am faced with a Large map and on average get 30 people on, it gets hard to find a decent fight. Re logging doesn't always solve the problem and I got tired of flying by myself, so I cancelled my sub. I only re subbed due to the new changes and I have to say it was a like a whole new game. For that I am thankful.
I am all in favour of moving the hour of the switch an hour to make sure we all get the best deal. However to put it back to the old way at the time most popular for me as well, it means when I am sure I can get some flight time in, I'm faced with the same old problem!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline krazey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 05:49:57 PM »
 Maybe I should have been clearer.. I usually log in to see the situation you describe, but 99.99% of the time relogging a few times fixes it... the one off was when it took 2 hours to get in.
 When you mention the old way I cant help but think back to how it was when i started flying originally... 1 late war arena, no cap, small bases and map wins almost every day... Now that I could live with again ;)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 05:54:24 PM »
Maybe I should have been clearer.. I usually log in to see the situation you describe, but 99.99% of the time relogging a few times fixes it... the one off was when it took 2 hours to get in.
 When you mention the old way I cant help but think back to how it was when i started flying originally... 1 late war arena, no cap, small bases and map wins almost every day... Now that I could live with again ;)

I was around in those days as well. I'm not sure if I would like it or not, too many UFO's for my liking. But good fun fights yes. :aok

As for your first sentance I did understand you, maybe I reply wasn't all that clear. I did the re logging trick, but maybe HT doesn't like the Scots, caus it never helped me. I came back to the lobby sometimes to find LESS people <Facepalm> At least with the new setup, I can get decent numbers. I logged on today to find 230/850. THATS more like it! The last thing I want is to log on on a Saturday afternoon thinking 'I can get some flight time in here - DOH'
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 05:57:09 PM »
I only re subbed due to the new changes and I have to say it was a like a whole new game. For that I am thankful.
Welcome back.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
Thanks Rufus. I've been back a few days and so far I have been HO'ed more times I can remember, I've been picked, had a 190 and a 51 run on me, had a LA 7 dive for the ACK, been discoed, killed more times than I ever did, haven't yet landed a sortie, got a few kills, got an angry PM over somethign trivial, been called a Retard and had at least 2 CVs sunk beneath me.

Damn its good to be back!  :rock :rock :rock

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »
Even though I'm in the U.S. I liked the 1 off peak arena. I was actually disappointed when the bell tolled 4:00PM and it switched to the normal LW orange and blue and the number of players in each arena was diluted by half. I'd like to see 1 LW arena at all hours. Let our European brethren fight the fight during the day (U.S. time) and we'll finish what they started at night before passing the torch back to them.