Author Topic: pretty puffy ack  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: pretty puffy ack
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 04:09:22 AM »
Hey Ranger,  I think I've seen the smiley face tracers you made  :aok

The idea of different color 5 inch tracers came up before and had positive feedback.  Don't quote me but I recall that they were used to track rounds with many being fired during historical fleet battles.  This is much in the way they would probably be used here.

Wrgwy offers a suggestion that if possible would probably solve the rainbow tracers as some of you have described.  The option there is for only the gunners ability to view his tracers in a different color.  So, to everyone else all tracers would look the same.   Maybe even allow the player to customize it somewhat like the gunsights.

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 07:59:42 AM »
Yeah and lets fill bullets with paint so we can make pretty pictures and scare the hell of the Germans. We all know Des is not American and saw Kellys Heroes for the first time this week.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 08:40:09 AM »
All this trying to be funny. But the funny thing is, most of you need that "rainbow" colored paint on your planes. At least you can proudly stand up for the way most of you fly  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 12:05:37 PM »
The idea of different color 5 inch tracers came up before and had positive feedback.  Don't quote me but I recall that they were used to track rounds with many being fired during historical fleet battles.  This is much in the way they would probably be used here.

HiTech added the tracers to the rounds so you could follow yours to impact.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 04:56:48 AM »
The way that most folks gun, you are so zoomed in that you are not able to follow the round.  You only see when it falls into your zoomed view.  Adding a color tracer, that only you (the gunner) will be able to see will differentiate your round hitting the ground versus others. 

+ 1

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 08:17:09 AM »
Sorry Dichotomy,

maybe some fog... a little Purple Haze maybe?

:rock

Here is your purple haze.......  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnFSaqFzSO8