Author Topic: P-38 H / J / F-5 Maintenance Manual  (Read 948 times)

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
P-38 H / J / F-5 Maintenance Manual
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »
A buddy of mine just handed me an authentic P-38 H/L/F-5 Maintenance Manual.  Pages go from 1 through 664.  Tons of diagrams, photos, charts, specs and tables, and it appreasr to be complete with the exception of the covers and index page.

It is however in one of the old, official, black Army Manual Binders… embossed with A.A.F. Publications.  All the pages are in great shape.

He really has no interest in WW2 aircraft, but is kindof a technical nut… and got it from a friend.  Not sure what he is going to do with it, but I thought I would see if anyone has any interest in it here. 

I have no idea what it is worth.

***G3-MF***

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: P-38 H / J / F-5 Maintenance Manual
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 06:32:19 PM »

I'd lie to you and tell you it's nothing, so you'd send it to me, but that wouldn't be right :)

If it's original, it's worth a bit to a collector.  If he's not after money, then possibly an air museum or check with the folks who have restored 38s?

I have an original for the Bristol Beaufighter.  Wasn't cheap :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
One of these sold on eBay a few months ago. Real impressive looking. I can't remember exactly what it sold for. I want to say the auction ended either just over $500 or $700, can't be certain. Too much for me either way. :)
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 05:56:29 AM »
Some of the manuals on EBAY are copies of the originals and would go for quite a bit less than the real thing.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 02:53:58 PM »
They are worth around a couple hundred bucks to 500 - 600 if in very good condition.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.