Author Topic: WW1 Arena Challenge - first event for 2011 - Island Girls Rescue  (Read 1152 times)

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
A riverboat carrying the dance team of the Folies Bergère has run aground and sunk on the shores of Drool Island located east of A4 and northeast of A5 in the middle of a lake. Allied pilots (flying as Knights) and Axis pilots (flying as Rooks) will no doubt be curious enough to try their luck landing on the small island in an attempt to seduce the young dancers. Each side will probably want to establish air superiority over the area to facilitate their wicked intentions. At the end of the day bragging rights will go to the country which lands the most virile young men on the island and gets them home safely again with a smile on their face.

Aircraft choice for this one is up to the individual. Getting down safely onto such a small patch may require an unorthodox approach. Here's a screenshot as confirmation that it is possible:

Feel free to practise in the days leading up to the event, which will be held this Saturday 8th January at 19:30Hrs (7.30pm) US EST

Hopefully we'll have a few more show up for this one, I hear those French showgirls are something to write home about  :salute

"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong." (Spike Milligan)

Read my WW1 online novel 'Blood and Old Bones' at http://www.ww1sims.com/
A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

SCTusk    ++ SKELETON CREW ++  founde

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: WW1 Arena Challenge - first event for 2011 - Island Girls Rescue
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
Conut me in, sounds like fun.  I'll see if a few more of my AK squaddies will join in.  I know of one for sure that will!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:00:33 AM »
Now this sounds fun! :aok   Will forward to the Pigs Site....
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 11:31:21 AM »
Now this sounds fun! :aok   Will forward to the Pigs Site....

That's great waystin.  The more pigs that show up the better my chances with the hotties, you guys are so ugly even I look hansome next to ya, and and and, you're a bunch of pigs!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 12:25:32 PM »
This  sounds like it  will be  a  blast I'll try and   make it out for this one
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »
A riverboat carrying the dance team of the Folies Bergère has run aground and sunk on the shores of Drool Island located east of A4 and northeast of A5 in the middle of a lake.

:rofl

There is just something not wired right inside your head Tusk.

But I mean that as a compliment.  ;)

:cheers:,
Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 12:41:30 AM »
Conut me in, sounds like fun.  I'll see if a few more of my AK squaddies will join in.  I know of one for sure that will!

Arabian Knights have been a welcome sight for the Skeleton Crew since Flying Circus days, I hope there's a few of the original guys left who might want to get in touch with their WW1 roots  :salute

:rofl

There is just something not wired right inside your head Tusk.

But I mean that as a compliment.  ;)

:cheers:,
Wab

Thanks Wab, I'll take it as such, but I can't take all the credit - some of that goes to my Trick Cyclist   :D Now if you'll excuse me, I was busy drooling over some old charcoal sketches.

A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

Offline VFCBaxter

• Zinc Member
      • Virtual Flying Corps
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 01:15:55 AM »
Dumb question, but that would be at 11am Sunday Adelaide time?

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 01:42:13 AM »
 :aok :)
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 05:28:34 AM »
Dumb question, but that would be at 11am Sunday Adelaide time?

rgr that Baxter, allows us to sleep in Sunday morning  :) Just don't hog all the bandwidth, I'll need a small amount to fly as Umpire lol

I've knocked up a quick vid of a landing and takeoff on the island which might help anyone having problems. We all fly a different style but if you're struggling it should give you something to work with. I'd imagine the Dr1 and the DVII would settle easier into a short field than the Camel, while the F2b would be a right pig if I'm not mistaken (I'll leave that to the likes of my esteemed squadmate SCBilly and all the other Brisfit afficionados).

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1417/zde.mp4

Offline VFCBaxter

• Zinc Member
      • Virtual Flying Corps
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 06:54:13 AM »
I will not be able to be there till later as I have to go to church sunday morning. But if you are still playing around 12 I will certainly play with you guys. Sounds challenging and fun. :)

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »
Just some additional info re this event - it definitely is possible to land the F2b on the island and then takeoff again, but with the slightly higher approach speed and the extra mass it's considerably more difficult. As it has a back seat there will be extra points for F2b drivers (I think double points sounds fair) to reward their ability to carry away one of the ladies albeit with extra risk on the landing :D

The entire lake will be designated a no fire zone, once you're over the water things will be tough enough without having to dodge bullets. Also we don't want any collateral damage on the dancing girls. This should also allow the umpire to park somewhere out of the way on the island and take notes, rather than fly around in circles overhead getting in everyone's way.

Some of the guys practising today said they couldn't see an island - this was due to their graphics being set too low. Once you bump up the quality a little it all makes sense. Anyone suffering poor frame rates as a result (no problems so far) should still be able to fight for their team, even if they can't participate in the seduction errrr rescue.

Offline Tinribs

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 12:54:09 PM »
Will there be a glass of port and a cigar waiting for me on the island? if so I will be there,as for the girls Mrs S is the jealous type and is normally armed with a big stick, :pray for me.

aka
shotdown
I carnt relax cos I havent done a thing and I carnt do a thing cos I carnt relax.

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 02:37:40 AM »
Will there be a glass of port and a cigar waiting for me on the island? if so I will be there,as for the girls Mrs S is the jealous type and is normally armed with a big stick, :pray for me.

aka
shotdown

I'll be in the shade under the wing of my (probably broken) F2b with a small picnic hamper and a notepad. I'll tell my batman to include a bottle of Old Tawny and a selection of fine cigars. Can't help you with the alibi I'm afraid, although you could always say, without a lie, that you just happened to be flying overhead and were 'shotdown'.