Author Topic: change log in screen  (Read 305 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
change log in screen
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:38:58 AM »
do you think it would be possible to add an "are you sure you want to unselect saved password" to your log in screen?  that is for dummies like me who type too fast and unselect the "save password" box and click ok at same time and cant find the dang id or password  :rofl.  I had to do a disk recovery to get my password back. or perhaps move the "ok" box a little lower.

semp

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:41:20 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: change log in screen
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:42:09 AM »
I had to do a disk recovery to get my password back.

you not see the button next to the password box?  :D
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
+1 I have done this 3 times :bhead

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 11:10:32 AM »
if you forget your login username or password

you can find it in the C:\hitech creations\aces high\settings\  folder in the "login.cfg" file ( can open it with notepad, just do not check the box "always open this file type with this program" or how ever it reads )

note: this login.cfg file keeps the "last" known login username and password you used to log into Aces High with..... the only time it will change is when you manually change it on the clipboard when you log in under a different username/password ( gameid )

I never had a problem like yours before..... you must have multiple accounts you are using or switching between if you keep having to type in the username and password each time you log in

if you have the "Save Password" box checked, all you ever have to do is click the OK  button when you want to go online... because your login in username and your password are always there already filled in.....

hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 02:11:17 PM »
+1

I have the same problem  :bhead
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 03:49:04 PM »

you not see the button next to the password box?  :D

last time it took me a few hours to get my password.  not blaming ah or anything.  but it would be a cool change for us.

semp

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 04:28:18 PM »
if you forget your login username or password

you can find it in the C:\hitech creations\aces high\settings\  folder in the "login.cfg" file ( can open it with notepad, just do not check the box "always open this file type with this program" or how ever it reads )

hope this helps

incase anyone missed it
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 04:38:23 PM »
incase anyone missed it

didn't miss it, thanks for the info.  but the change would help lots of people e who didn't see it.

semp

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 04:42:27 PM »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s