Author Topic: Importing Music to Windows Movie Maker  (Read 393 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Importing Music to Windows Movie Maker
« on: February 06, 2011, 10:56:51 PM »
I'm going to be making a film largely using footage from the current BoG scenario. I have a song on my itunes library i want to import into movie maker, but it doesn't support the file type (mpeg-4 audio file). Any suggestions?
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Importing Music to Windows Movie Maker
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:32:39 PM »
Look for a .MP4 to .MP3 software converter or to whatever audio you need.  There are a lot of free downloads out there but I don't want to suggest one because I don't know which one is clean.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:14:56 AM »
Is the file copyrighted? If you got it on i-Tunes, you should be careful not to violate copyright laws. Some of those guys take this stuff very seriously....

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 10:11:47 AM »
Got it covered. I upgraded my very small library to "itunes plus" so my songs are free from Digital Rights Management limitations. It says there are no burn limits and the songs will play on all ipods, mac and windows computers, and other digital music players. To my understanding, that means I'm clear, correct? I sure don't want to violate any copyright laws, I'll drop it all together before that happens.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 10:18:22 AM »
Got it covered. I upgraded my very small library to "itunes plus" so my songs are free from Digital Rights Management limitations. It says there are no burn limits and the songs will play on all ipods, mac and windows computers, and other digital music players. To my understanding, that means I'm clear, correct? I sure don't want to violate any copyright laws, I'll drop it all together before that happens.

that may only cover your consumption. putting it out on the internet for others may not be covered.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 10:50:15 AM »
For those with this problem, go here:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Free prograqm just for today (changes daily).  Today's program could be used to change the format easily.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 03:54:52 AM »
SUPER, linked in the stickied thread here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,245322.0.html is capable of reading Mpeg4 audio files and converting them to other forms, including MP3s.  Just tested it myself actually because I usually use SUPER only for video transcoding, but it works on audio just fine.  Just select the correct "audio only" output options.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown