Author Topic: Question regarding GPH and Fuel Remaining?  (Read 894 times)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Re: Question regarding GPH and Fuel Remaining?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 11:38:10 AM »
This is not a hijack  but as a 30 year veteran CFI , CFII, MEI teaching navigation to both rated and non-rated students.  I developed and implemented a standard at the flight school at which I continue to teach.  No one can rent an aircraft that contains a GPS until they complete 3 hours in the procedures simulator, learning the  programming and use of the GPS model that is installed in all our aircraft.

No Student pilots are allowed to use GPS navigation equipment for any of the required duel cross country training.  Its Pilotage  & Dead Reckoning all the way.  Then they receive training on the VOR, then training on GPS.

Ah, a professional CFI....we need many more like you.

I loved my GPS when flying but when the wife and I flew the 182 Anchorage - Oshkosh - Anchorage I used the GPS, she had her finger on our position on the sectional...best of both worlds.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"