Author Topic: Aces High II on the Alienware m11x....  (Read 706 times)

Offline dave64056

• Zinc Member
Aces High II on the Alienware m11x....
« on: April 25, 2011, 04:56:54 PM »
How will the Alienware m11x run Aces High II with these specs?

2GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 800MHz
160GB SATAII 5,400RPM
720p screen
Overclockable Intel® Core™2 Duo SU7300 1.3GHz (3MB Cache) (Overclocked to 1.7GHZ)
1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M

I understand this isn't the best spec'd laptop but it is capable of running COD4 maxed out. I could upgrade the RAM and HDD later down the road. But what settings could I expect with this laptop? And lets assume all services are shut down using Gamebooster to get max performance.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Aces High II on the Alienware m11x....
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 01:15:10 PM »
The specs look very similar to the computer that I use to play AH, as long as it's running a Windows OS you should have no problem.  (it may slow down occasionally such as over a town or field or if there are lots of planes about)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »
I wouldn't recommend using a laptop for playing but if you absolutely must...

Also overclocking a laptop is generally a very very bad idea. They struggle with cooling even on regular clocks and any overclocking usually results in quick overheating and shortened component life.

If you're just thinking to get that laptop (second hand I presume) then I would suggest looking a similarly priced desktop solution. You'll get loads more bang for buck.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Rick Opp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:50:51 PM »
For anyone still interested in how AH runs on an Alienware M11x you need not worry.  I have a M11x R3, Windows 7 Ultimate, 1.5 GHz i7, 8 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidea GT540M.

It will run Aces High at a consistant 60 frames/second with all video settings maxed out.  No problems, freezes or other hickups.  I do use an external 24 inch monitor .  The 11.5 inch netbook screen is a bit small.

My M11x replaces a maxed out Dell XPS M1730 gaming notebook and it does just as good or better.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »
for the 500 or 600 bucks youll pay at the minimum you can get a desktop with the same oomph and have room to upgrade in the fjture, as im sure you will need to do in the future, depending how near on how much gaming you do.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb