Author Topic: THIS is how you take care of a bully!  (Read 5145 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: THIS is how you take care of a bully!
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2011, 02:05:58 AM »
If that is true
I don't lie.  Why would I lie?  What do you gain from lying or doing anything to cheat your way to some reputation on a forum like this one?  All but a tiny number of the people on this forum will never be anything but pixels on a screen.  So the only substance and value on this forum is information and reason.  Lying on a forum like this is like peeing in your own drink.  And so would be conceding to some guy who repeatedly misquoted you and then pretends you're an idiot for not admitting you did write those misquotes.

It's not realistic to expect anyone, let alone a child, in the heat of the moment, to determine and employ the exact amount of force, but no more than necessary to stop an attack.
And I said as much.. Since I'm apparently the only one arguing this position, I strictly argued that what he did, specifically as it was done, was excessive.  It would've been just as discouraging to repeatedly squeak slap the little guy around.  The little guy was a wimp physically and mentally.  The big guy could both shrug off the little guy's punches, as well as manhandle him basically any way he pleases.  There was no contest whatsoever between the two. All of that in a nutshell is all I've argued from the beginning. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:15:06 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2011, 02:11:40 AM »
All but a tiny number of the people on this forum will never be anything but pixels on a screen.

Mind if I sig that?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2011, 02:17:47 AM »
Sure.. why would I mind? Not like you could stop someone from it anyway.  :joystick:
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2011, 02:30:22 AM »
Sure.. why would I mind? Not like you could stop someone from it anyway.  :joystick:

Stealing it without bringing it to your attention would have made me
feel bad. I'd rather ask beforehand.

Thanks  :aok

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2011, 04:28:39 AM »
  And so would be conceding to some guy who repeatedly misquoted you and then pretends you're an idiot for not admitting you did write those misquotes.

Not sure I understand what you mean there, but I totaly agree on the pointless nature of lying here.

Still have this image of you flying kicking some tard in the head and running off with his girfriend  :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2011, 04:30:40 AM »
Apparently Casey has been tormented for a number of years now, and even though we don't have the context of what started this particular argument, its easy enough to assume that its just part of a running battle this kid has to put up with every day.
What is clear however that this was a premeditated attack, and while that little scumbag may have been the lone attacker on camera its pretty obvious that it wasn't a 1v1 situation. You had a group including the person taking the video who created this incident. After Casey snapped and went to walk away, a bigger scumbag who was probably egging on his little boyfriend stepping up to escalate the assault on Casey - which was only stopped by an older girl who stepped in.

I completely agree that it could've been a terrible outcome from Casey banging that little turd into the concrete, and normally it will be reasonable to say he overreacted but that jerk and his punk mates put that kid into that situation. They went into it knowing what they wanted to do which was to terrorise who they thought was a weaker person - but Casey even after the first punch in the face mind you, still didn't retaliate and eventually was pushed further until he snapped. To be critical of him for that is ridiculous - that kid went into flight or fight mode - and choose the later on instinct.

To be honest if that was one of my kids, I'd be telling him to make sure that little scumbag didn't get up in a hurry

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2011, 04:49:39 AM »
And we're talking about children here (no matter how big they look), how are they expected to know how much is enough and/or respond in an appropriate manner. He did good.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2011, 05:14:21 AM »
This very same occurance happened to me, and I did exactly what he (big guy) did, though a bit more violent.

I sent that pssy little bich through a window.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2011, 08:25:09 AM »
And I said as much.. Since I'm apparently the only one arguing this position, I strictly argued that what he did, specifically as it was done, was excessive.  It would've been just as discouraging to repeatedly squeak slap the little guy around.  The little guy was a wimp physically and mentally.  The big guy could both shrug off the little guy's punches, as well as manhandle him basically any way he pleases.  There was no contest whatsoever between the two. All of that in a nutshell is all I've argued from the beginning. 
i can't believe people are still arguing with you on this but...that is not exactly what you have said all along...you refused to acknowledge that the chubby kid, obviously faced not only with a scrawny schoolyard bully but the bullies friends as well...(one of which was at least as big as the chubby kid)...showed a lot of restraint when he didn't pursue any further actions against the bully after slamming him into the ground...and you were wrong, as the chubby kid was obviously not a fighter as anyone who has studied martial arts could plainly see...he simply did what he could given his abilities and the situation...which is also taught in martial arts.

then you repeatedly equated the physical damage that could be achieved with a body slam with the physical damage that could be achieved with a pile driver...and you were wrong there as well.

then throughout your series of non sequitur b.s. posts you have repeatedly switched from being picked on...to being the bully (punching an 11 yr old just for fun)...looking at your drop kick anecdote along with the other crap about your personal experiences throughout this discussion...the drop kick was obviously an attack from behind...and if your victim had to wear a neck brace, he was struck between the shoulders, not the head...which was not a very "high flying feat"...getting struck from behind with any force between the shoulders will cause the neck to snap backward causing whiplash...the same effect can be caused by a rapid forceful push with your hands...a strike to the head from behind would not have the same effect.

not that it really matters, but bruce lee never performed drop kicks since they leave you vulnerable and are just as dangerous to the person performing the kick as you attempt to recover as they are to the person being attacked...and anyone who studied his martial arts form would know that...even a kid.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2011, 09:55:36 AM »
It's not possible to take anything you say seriously when you say something like that.  I mean, ask around.  Ask anyone who's known me for more than ... the 10 months since you've been around here.I'd agree... if that was what I'd actually said.
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html
A perfect world argument with lots of semantics thrown in.  The big kid was sloppy and excessive.  That bear could've easily taken anything the little kid could've tried.  A single front kick that would've launched the little kid away would've been enough.  Or big bear slaps like in the youtube I linked above.

What about the aggressor?  His were blows sloppy and excessive as well.  In fact, they came without provocation.  He clearly showed that he wanted to fight Casey.  The chokehold clearly showed that he had no sense of scale, that is a lethal hold.  As for mine being an arguement existing in a perfect world, isn't yours as well?  Do adrenaline and pain hold no value in the argument. 

How can one hold an individual who is being beaten and strangled to make an informed, rational decision about the only powerful move he can execute with any degree of skill?  Of course the kid was sloppy, he doesn't study the martial arts.  If he were supposed to, could we expect the same of you in the same situation?  The piledriver isn't a move taught by school wrestling teams. 

There was tremendous risk for both parties involved.  If Casey hadn't stopped the little kid, he would have been ganged up on and beaten tremendously.  If the little kid had punched Casey in the eye, he could have blinded him.  There are a multitude of different scenarios which could have happened but didn't

My arguement does not stem from a perfect world- yours does.

-Penguin

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
This very same occurance happened to me, and I did exactly what he (big guy) did, though a bit more violent.

I sent that pssy little bich through a window.

I 'neutralized' his truck

not THATS excessive

But him and his little gang left me alone after that because they were convinced I was bat S crazy..  which, to be honest, isn't far from the truth
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2011, 10:56:18 AM »
<snip>
But him and his little gang left me alone after that because they were convinced I was bat S crazy..  which, to be honest, isn't far from the truth

I think we've noticed  :devil

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2011, 06:02:34 PM »
i can't believe people are still arguing with you on this but...that is not exactly what you have said all along...you refused to acknowledge that the chubby kid, obviously faced not only with a scrawny schoolyard bully but the bullies friends as well...(one of which was at least as big as the chubby kid)...showed a lot of restraint when he didn't pursue any further actions against the bully after slamming him into the ground...and you were wrong, as the chubby kid was obviously not a fighter as anyone who has studied martial arts could plainly see...he simply did what he could given his abilities and the situation...which is also taught in martial arts.

then you repeatedly equated the physical damage that could be achieved with a body slam with the physical damage that could be achieved with a pile driver...and you were wrong there as well.

then throughout your series of non sequitur b.s. posts you have repeatedly switched from being picked on...to being the bully (punching an 11 yr old just for fun)...looking at your drop kick anecdote along with the other crap about your personal experiences throughout this discussion...the drop kick was obviously an attack from behind...and if your victim had to wear a neck brace, he was struck between the shoulders, not the head...which was not a very "high flying feat"...getting struck from behind with any force between the shoulders will cause the neck to snap backward causing whiplash...the same effect can be caused by a rapid forceful push with your hands...a strike to the head from behind would not have the same effect.

not that it really matters, but bruce lee never performed drop kicks since they leave you vulnerable and are just as dangerous to the person performing the kick as you attempt to recover as they are to the person being attacked...and anyone who studied his martial arts form would know that...even a kid.
^This  :aok :aok :aok :aok
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech